• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Horrible. My daughter, who’s now also positive, has the same symptoms, although more acute such that we ended taking her to hospital last night (one of the exceptions to isolation is if it‘s a medical emergency) with the added bonus of Exeter not taking Covid patients so we had to go to Torbay. Which is great when she’s complaining of severe chest pains and struggling to breathe.

Anyway, eventually we got her home this morning after a series of tests meant the doctors were satisfied her breathing was under control so hopefully all’s good. As it is though SWMBO’s finishes her isolation tomorrow, I’m done, after suffering what appeared to be three day heavy cold, on Sunday and daughter’s free midweek next week.

Hopefully.

Hopefully you’re better soon too Stroudy, if for nothing else other than sanity’s sake. Isolations are no fun, especially if you’re in an at risk category.
80 patients in the RD&E. With some wards closed to further admissions and the Nightingale no longer taking covid cases the RD&E can't take more cases, sadly.
Hope it all clears up in your household soon.

Grecian2K

Echo the good wishes to Chez Anton as well.

Just hope the ******** aerosol merchant who has been stalking round West Exe spraying such gems as "My Body. My Choice" and "Covid Is A Hoax" on any availably PRIVATE properties reads this...and, even better, gets a particularly virulent dose of the dreaded "C". (Although I'm pretty sure that "aerosols" like that would, almost certainly be first on the "Patient Claimsline" demanding compo because the NHS hadn't made their message clear enough) :mad:

Sorry, but people like that really get me angry...and it ain't even Friday yet.

Reactions: DB9

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
80 patients in the RD&E. With some wards closed to further admissions and the Nightingale no longer taking covid cases the RD&E can't take more cases, sadly.
Hope it all clears up in your household soon.
Get well soon all Grecians and their families affected by COVID. Seems that at least one of Boris's rules for lifting lockdown has failed at the RD&E namely that "Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS".
Surely closure of Wards to new admissions & diverting COVID cases to Torbay requires urgent action by Boris ?
Stay Safe Fellow Grecians

Mr Jinx

To all those that have caught it recently...how did you think you (or your family member) initially caught it? Just curious like.

Antony Moxey

To all those that have caught it recently...how did you think you (or your family member) initially caught it? Just curious like.
Not sure, although we think it was when me and SWMBO were at Beautiful Days (although we were quite careful - didn’t go into the big tents (they had the sides off so we could sit outside and still see the bands inside), didn’t go into the bars or stalls) and then daughter from us later in the week away in our motorhome, but who knows?

Mr Jinx

Incidentally, my brother and wife (Exeter based) both caught it last week after attending a wedding up near Oxford.

Alistair20000

Positive LFD test this morning and just confirmed via text by PCR too (I went to the walk-through yesterday as wifer was already ill with it).

Symptoms pretty much as others have described but with a MASSIVE headache - no chance of sleep, despite paras. I'm double jabbed natch but in a 'heightened risk' category for various reasons, so I'll just have to ride it out.

Have ordered an oximeter so i can monitor blood oxygen levels - this recommended by my GP. One of the joys of asthma - already feels like someone's standing on my chest.
That sounds very unpleasant indeed Stroudy.

Hope you and Mrs S recover soon and can celebrate with some Tartex sammidges and mugs of Rooibos ;)

StroudGrecian

Bank holiday cider festival at my local Jinxy, though we were all drinking outdoors, but I can't really complain and it was very well earned 🍻🍻🍻

Actually I can darned complain about this shit government that's thrown us vulnerables under the bus, but I guess this ain't the thread to do it on.

Average Joe

I have my second vaccine booked in for Monday, I took the first one on well, only a very slight dead arm but I'm very worried about the second as most on social media seem to say it's the harshest out of the two.

Antony Moxey

I had no issues with mine (Pfizer) other than like you it felt like I’d been punched in the arm. Had it in the morning and went to work fine for the rest of the day.