• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have my second vaccine booked in for Monday, I took the first one on well, only a very slight dead arm but I'm very worried about the second as most on social media seem to say it's the harshest out of the two.
A little discomfort for maybe a day or so is worth it, Remember SM is not real and some on there have an agenda and maybe anti-vaxxers trying to put you off.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Covid hasn't visited our house as yet and reading through this thread has been a kick up the arse to me. I realise I haven't been so vigilant lately as I was, say, six months ago and I need to up my game again as regards personal protection.

Best wishes to you fellows suffering or recovering from the plague.

Reactions: DB9

fred binneys head

I have my second vaccine booked in for Monday, I took the first one on well, only a very slight dead arm but I'm very worried about the second as most on social media seem to say it's the harshest out of the two.
I had AZ and had no issues with the first or second jab. My second jab was identical to the first, not worse.

Reactions: DB9

InTheBigBank

Resigned
I posted not long ago about not knowing anyone who had caught it.

That all changed very quickly, family, friends, work colleagues, work colleagues' families all coming down with it. Luckily all pretty mild.

Seems to be doing the rounds down here at the moment.

Will be a miracle if I don't pick it up soon, went to a wedding last weekend, football this weekend, people now back in the office. Let's see.

iscalad

I had the AZ no problem with either jab.

Antony Moxey

Despite four of the five in my house (and my daughter’s particularly frightening experience the other night) getting it I’m not sure it’s a bad thing that it’s doing the rounds as rapidly as it is. For the vast majority it seems little more than feeling dreadful for a couple of days then get back to it. Isolating seems to have little effect (other than boring the pants off you for nearly a fortnight) and hospitalisations and deaths seem to be almost negligible.

Perhaps it’s a good thing to be able to build up a bit of immunity and get it over and done with so we can all get back to normal. Seems like the reason it’s so widespread down here is because we’ve had such a low number of cases in the past we haven’t had the opportunity as a region to build up our natural immunity, so when all the northerners rushed down as soon the holidays began bringing all their filthy diseases with then we had no chance.

Brace yourselves, if you haven’t had it yet surely it’s only a matter of time, unless you’re really lucky. Fingers crossed.

tavyred

Me and the Mrs had a bad go with a week long virus about three weeks ago. Totally knocked us off our feet, suffered with horrendous headache, cough, sore throat and aches and pains. We both took two LFT’s at home which all came up negative, didn’t bother with the other test as we were not going anywhere or meeting anyone and were able to ride it out at home. We convinced ourselves it wasn’t COVID, but reading this thread and the prevalence of the virus in our region, I’m now not so sure.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had mild symptoms after Jab 1 (AZ) and none at all after Jab 2.

Alistair20000

I had the AZ no problem with either jab.
Same for me.

Antony Moxey

Me and the Mrs had a bad go with a week long virus about three weeks ago. Totally knocked us off our feet, suffered with horrendous headache, cough, sore throat and aches and pains. We both took two LFT’s at home which all came up negative, didn’t bother with the other test as we were not going anywhere or meeting anyone and were able to ride it out at home. We convinced ourselves it wasn’t COVID, but reading this thread and the prevalence of the virus in our region, I’m now not so sure.
Hope you’re better now. Regarding LFTs my wife had a cough on the Monday when we went away in our motorhome with our daughter. All three of us had negative LFTs each day until the Thursday when my wife had a positive LFT. Me and daughter were still negative, and wife was negative on a second test.

But we decided it wasn’t fair to risk anyone else so came home and went straight to the testing centre for a PCR we booked on the way home. Predictably wife was positive and so was I, daughter was still negative. I didn’t start feeling anything until three days later, the same as daughter, who, all of a sudden as wife was earlier, was now PCR positive.

LFTs seem too unreliable to base anything on.