• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
And yet they are now introducing Covid passports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newindianexpress.com/world/2021/nov/18/sweden-tightens-covid-restrictions-2385253.amp

Which even Anders Tegnell thinks might not be enough unless everyone gets the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/sweden-anders-tegnell-health-coronavirus/amp/

They also did tighten restrictions by closing museums, theatres, bars and other public areas when they were hit by the second wave last autumn and were much closer to the rest of Europe in their restrictions.
Yes I did caveat with "in the main".

Covid passports - pointless. The friend I have currently hospitalised on oxygen was double jabbed as was her husband who also has it.

Haven't some of those in power realised that even if you are vaccinated, you can easily still catch it and spread it around? The world has lost its collective mind.

Rosencrantz

Yes I did caveat with "in the main".

Covid passports - pointless. The friend I have currently hospitalised on oxygen was double jabbed as was her husband who also has it.

Haven't some of those in power realised that even if you are vaccinated, you can easily still catch it and spread it around? The world has lost its collective mind.
Tegnell was also quoted as saying that Sweden tend to be 2/3 weeks behind Central Europe with cases so was expecting another rise. We shall see on that I guess.

The vaccines we have and the new treatments that are coming online seem to be the best way of moving from pandemic to endemic therefore getting life back to as normal as can be.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Wearing them widely maybe...but most aren't wearing proper masks properly. As were very much my observations when heading into town yesterday (and back) at rush hour.

I don't know how you can order them to be done on a compulsory basis? Unless I guess you're talking Germany circa 1940.
Again Godwin's law comes into play on this thread!

Mr Jinx

Two shot in riots in Holland yesterday during demonstrations there. Another big march expected in Austria tonight.

Things are gathering steam.

iscalad

Two shot in riots in Holland yesterday during demonstrations there. Another big march expected in Austria tonight.

It never surprises me how many idiots there are in the world

angelic upstart

It's always Rotterdam. They love a bit of a ding dong in Rotterdam!

angelic upstart

Firstborn has suspected Covid, well we did the home test and it was, and he's very poorly so I took him for the proper one earlier.
Update - It's now everyone in my household has covid except me. Firstborn is back to all but full fitness, and has to have a week off school so it'll be tough times by the weekend dan's le Maison du Upstart.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Update - It's now everyone in my household has covid except me. Firstborn is back to all but full fitness, and has to have a week off school so it'll be tough times by the weekend dan's le Maison du Upstart.
Tous mes vœux dan's le Maison du Upstart mes amis

angelic upstart

Tous mes vœux dan's le Maison du Upstart mes amis
They'll all be fine I'm sure. Incidentally, I don't think we live too far from each other.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They'll all be fine I'm sure. Incidentally, I don't think we live too far from each other.
Are you exiled less or more than 40 miles W of the Fair City of Exeter ?
UTC