• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Compulsory vaccinations, That could be as step too far for some.
Is a step too far, you mean.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the Trust / Club should practice what the Department of Health preach in their video in the Park Centre bars etc

UTC & Down with COVID

tavyred

Assuming deaths remain low, why does anything need to be done? In fact in some ways it's good that numbers are high which means it's ripping through. It's not going to be 110K cases every day forever. At some point tipping point will be reached before numbers decrease again. That's the way it's worked since time immemorial.

And I talk as someone who currently has a good friend hospitalised with it.
That was why I mentioned Austria’s hospitalisations, that (and deaths) should be the only metric we should use now to decide on the return of restrictions.
I see the markets in Europe are totally spooked by this latest wave of infections.

angelic upstart

Firstborn has suspected Covid, well we did the home test and it was, and he's very poorly so I took him for the proper one earlier.

tavyred

Firstborn has suspected Covid, well we did the home test and it was, and he's very poorly so I took him for the proper one earlier.
Best wishes to your first born AU. 👍

iscalad

It was a bit of a surprise this morning after coming from Antigua where mask wearing in public places is mandatory to then walk in to Sainsbury's to grab some milk to see that no one else is wearing one 😲
Name dropper.

DB9

Is a step too far, you mean.
I quite expect those that are happy with this will be on TV in Austria supporting it, Wonder if they will show the obvious protests about it as well.

Mr Jinx

Incidentally, the country that currently has Western Europe's lowest Covid infection rate is......drum roll......

Sweden

.... !!!

All credit to them for holding their nerve (in the main).

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Incidentally, the country that currently has Western Europe's lowest Covid infection rate is......drum roll......

Sweden

.... !!!

And an overall death rate at least 3 times that of any other Nordic country. Yay for them!

Rosencrantz

Sweden

.... !!!

And yet they are now introducing Covid passports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newindianexpress.com/world/2021/nov/18/sweden-tightens-covid-restrictions-2385253.amp

Which even Anders Tegnell thinks might not be enough unless everyone gets the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/sweden-anders-tegnell-health-coronavirus/amp/

They also did tighten restrictions by closing museums, theatres, bars and other public areas when they were hit by the second wave last autumn and were much closer to the rest of Europe in their restrictions.