• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Conundrum - Reid & McAlinden or Stockley & Jay

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is definitely not an attacking midfielder. One goal in 46 league games. He describes himself as a box to box midfielder. He is a big bloke with a lot of energy and presence, just what we have lacked. And yes I have seen him play live and on tv. He sat in centre midfield, broke up opposition play, and burst forward in posession. The highlights reel posted on this site gives a very misleading impression.

We will see where Tis plays him. Left centre I expect.
I agree he is just what we need and I agree that he is box to box. The question is if his main task is to defend or attack. I see him as a ball carrier who can take the ball upfield and distribute it well. Whatever, judging from minimum evidence I have high hopes.

Last edited:

iscalad

I agree he is just what we need and I agree that he is box to box. The question is if his main task is to defend or attack. I see him as a ball carrier who can take the ball upfield and distribute it well. Whatever, judging from minimum evidence I have high hopes.
Sounds like Manny Panther...I hope not.

IndoMike

Can't be sure, Iscalad, but he looks good, and think he did well at previous (loan) clubs.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley on the bench.

Pobbop

Manny had the most appalling first touch, which was always his problem, other attributes were great, don't think Boateng has the first touch problem.