• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Conundrum - Reid & McAlinden or Stockley & Jay

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reid and McAlinden - Don't change a winning formula...
I feel the same but it would be awfully hard justifying keeping the club's most expensive signing on the bench.
A difficult decision , glad I don'thave to make it.

IndoMike

My team:
Pym
Sweeney or Wilson
Troy B
JMT
Woodman or Moxey
Holmes or Edwards
Taylor
Boateng
Mc
Reid
Stockley

Ferk the defensive midfielder. Attack!!
Reid

Banksy

I notice you say ' or Moxey ' Mike!
I wonder how long before he shows up?
I've almost stopped looking for his name in the
lineups now.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

always about the squad of players, and no doubt we will need all of them this season

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I notice you say ' or Moxey ' Mike!
I wonder how long before he shows up?
I've almost stopped looking for his name in the
lineups now.
In his second week of full training and ready for the matchday squad shortly, according to Tis.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/forest-green-rovers-vs-exeter-438448

personally now we have two decent defensive midfielders (Boateng and Tillson, who has improved a lot with more games) I'm also amenable to playing 4-2-4 at home. Risky away, though.

Last edited:

Banksy

Good news then , good that the cries of Deano..... will be ringing out around the ground again soon.

IndoMike

In his second week of full training and ready for the matchday squad shortly, according to Tis.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/forest-green-rovers-vs-exeter-438448

personally now we have two decent defensive midfielders (Boateng and Tillson, who has improved a lot with more games) I'm also amenable to playing 4-2-4 at home. Risky away, though.
Boateng is not a defensive midfielder.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boateng is not a defensive midfielder.
All right, a midfielder who can defend, tackle, head and has some physical presence. Have you ever seen him play?

IndoMike

All right, a midfielder who can defend, tackle, head and has some physical presence. Have you ever seen him play?
You said he's a defensive midfielder. He's not : he's an attacking midfielder. Have you seen him play?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You said he's a defensive midfielder. He's not : he's an attacking midfielder. Have you seen him play?
He is definitely not an attacking midfielder. One goal in 46 league games. He describes himself as a box to box midfielder. He is a big bloke with a lot of energy and presence, just what we have lacked. And yes I have seen him play live and on tv. He sat in centre midfield, broke up opposition play, and burst forward in posession. The highlights reel posted on this site gives a very misleading impression.

We will see where Tis plays him. Left centre I expect.