• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester v Exeter City Playoff MDT

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Awful. Wouldn't have scored if we kept playing until midnight.

Arthur Davey

Thought it had draw written all over it. Comfortable, till the changes disrupted. Lacking up front, as ever, tho' Jay seemed to give us a bit more there when he came on. Good to see Sparkes back, but looked leggy before coming off, and understandably not the attacking threat he was pre-injury.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dickenson in for Sparkes. Ajose, if he is available, for Martin. Parkes for Deano (Deano can't play twice in four days). Possibly Collins for Taylor, that's what I'd change for Monday. Oh, and rocket up Williams arse.

Banksy

Williams has put some beautiful balls in that went totally unchanged for. We looked so weak in front of goal, we will have to improve in that area to have any hope.
Yes , we really need a change of forwards whatever league we’re in.And just what has happened to Ajose our big hope? Hopefully he was on a one year contract.🤯

arthur

Matt very kind - "tired legs caused the free kick". Dickenson had only just come on! Day at the seaside tomorrow. Apologies for this but I don't dislike Ryan Lowe

grecIAN Harris

Yes , we really need a change of forwards whatever league we’re in.And just what has happened to Ajose our big hope? Hopefully he was on a one year contract.🤯
Was he the one who tested positive in the previous round of tests.

PeteUSA

If that free kick had gone around the wall rather than over it, Ward will have been more at fault. He will still be disappointed with it, but not a howler. Drinks break in both half's seemed to change the flow of the game.
I agree. Its in the 'might have done better' catagory as far as I'm concerned. Nothing he should be castigated for given how the rest of the team played.

dontpassback

Matt very kind - "tired legs caused the free kick". Dickenson had only just come on! Day at the seaside tomorrow. Apologies for this but I don't dislike Ryan Lowe
I thought Ryan Lowe would be a bit cocky,but fair play to him he was very fair in his assessment of the game,as was Jobi mcanuff

StudentGrecian

Would have taken a special strike to have bent in to far corner, leaving so much room at the front post invited that strike and he gave himself to much to do to get across to it.
Disappointing, but should make Monday a more interesting watch knowing we have to go for it.

Grecianpasty

I hate to say it but the changes in the second half changed the game colchesters way. 4 substitutes breaks up any flow in a game.

Poor management from Taylor there.

Still very much in the game though.