• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester v Exeter City Playoff MDT

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Reuben Reid and Tom Nichols starting for Cheltenham tonight.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was he the one who tested positive in the previous round of tests.
Ah , that just might explain it. Either way it won’t help our punchless attack.

PeteUSA

Reuben Reid and Tom Nichols starting for Cheltenham tonight.
I wish they could both start for us on monday. Just what we need to add to our toothless bunch. And why Taylor takes Law off in a game is beyond me. He's one of our best players, and is always likely to nab a goal.

Langer

It seemed to me they were operating under instruction not to show there hand untill the second leg very wise in my opinion.

Last edited:

Banksy

I thought Ryan Lowe would be a bit cocky,but fair play to him he was very fair in his assessment of the game,as was Jobi mcanuff
Yes he was indeed , but easy for him to be gracious after his teams freebie promotion.

PeteUSA

Thought the referee was pretty good for a young'un.

Legohead

Banned
Disappointing that we seemed to go there looking for the draw and offered no attacking threat whatsoever. It's even more disappointing that after nearly 3 months off and players seemingly desperate to get back out there along with the doubts about many players futures, they offered up that level of performance and lack of desire to win or at least pose the opposition problems.

Our tactics and approach to the game were as negative as the responses i will probably get for posting this but that's how i saw it. The game was played without any Col U fans there so arguably that cut the advantage for Colchester even more and made it more favourable for us than it might have been also.

Arguably you could say that if Ward hadn't made the error then it would have been almost the perfect away performance as we take a 0-0 back to SJP. It wasn't though and we lost 1-0. Fine margins I accept and perhaps the fitness was another issue which as to be taken into account.

The positive is that it's only half time the players have another opportunity to prove that they are desperate to remain as professional footballers and that Matty is able to imbue a lot more positivity into his tactics.

A 1-0 defeat is not that bad to take back to SJP and although i'm bitterly disappointed at that, we have to give everyone a chance to redeem themselves in the 2nd leg.

Our lack of attacking threat though in many games leading up to the lockdown was a serious concern and still remains so.

Oh well, onto Monday and hoping for another crack at the final.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Fairly obvious we've got to get players like Williams, Law, Jay further forward. That change will leave us more open at the back, there are problems for Matt to sort out.

BTW I thought Atanagana was our best player, genuine class.

Langer

I am disappointed they didn’t create a proper chance.

IndoMike

i slept through my bloody alarm and have just woken up.
Looks like both team were rusty, which is very understandable. Thought our team looked good on paper, but that's life.
Losing 1-0 is not so bad, and at least we know what we have to do. A bit worried that Colchester will come with the aim of spoiling the game.
We don't have a striker who can score a goal out of nothing, and imo therein lies the problem - if it's not served up on a plate we ain't gonna score.
Anyway...c'mon City.....!