• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
And possibly ajose transfer listed
Who, in their right mind, is going to take him on?

dommers

MT has said he'll have to go with the younger players next season in his post match interview.
I just don't believe him.

Red Devon

I do feel cup games like the leasing.com ones are so different from the 46+ games of the EFL season, Many of the teams we played in that competition were like us, blooding the youth, Those that played in L2 were mostly rested, It's so different in L2.
Didn’t Portsmouth line up with something like 9 starters from their previous league game.

Rosencrantz

I do feel cup games like the leasing.com ones are so different from the 46+ games of the EFL season, Many of the teams we played in that competition were like us, blooding the youth, Those that played in L2 were mostly rested, It's so different in L2.
True, although they played against very strong and good sides in Oxford, Ipswich and Portsmouth. League football is the next step up and where they have to succeed. They won't all be pitched in together, but they will get more appearances.

DB9

I just don't believe him.
Listen to what he says in the interview and judge him by his actions next season, To say that you don't believe him without proof is again sour grapes on your part.

DB9

Didn’t Portsmouth line up with something like 9 starters from their previous league game.
Probably true that but it was 90 mins away from Wembley and I guess they wanted to be the first team to retain the Trophy, Look further back in the competition, Their teams were very different from their league teams.

IndoMike

I would give Aaron M a 2-year deal. He seems more settled now and in normal circumstances he plays well. He does some good last-ditch tackles and pops up with a goal now and again. If the opponents have a sh*t brick house as striker give Aaron a rest. Surely he is good at least as back- up if not as a first teamer?

Red Devon

Probably true that but it was 90 mins away from Wembley and I guess they wanted to be the first team to retain the Trophy, Look further back in the competition, Their teams were very different from their league teams.
Not trying to be argumentative but didn’t Ipswich start with pretty much their first choice eleven was a very strong team anyway

DB9

Not trying to be argumentative but didn’t Ipswich start with pretty much their first choice eleven was a very strong team anyway
TBH you might be right, My interest in the competition only got me when we played Pompey (As i went to that game being local to me) I think that once the league part was played and it went straight to knock out, Teams may have been stronger but as they're cup games, You always get a "Giant Killer" look at the FA Cup for that. At the start of the EFL trophy in most cases stadiums open one stand, Vastly reduced ticket prices and very little interest from fans (Us included) and all saying "Play the youth" Perhaps getting a sniff of Wembley later on, teams might put a better squad out. I just think a 46+ league programme you need a decent balance of youth and experience.

dommers

Listen to what he says in the interview and judge him by his actions next season.
He's certainly seems to be honest and straightforward in interviews, but to me his actions are so often completely different to what he says.