• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on chaps this isn’t another Tisdale thread.
I apologize

DB9

Probably true. As for it being progress I think finishing 5th, 4th, 8th and 5th is probably a sign that we have neither gone forward or backwards.

As for the approach personally I'd prefer losing trying to play football which we did more under Tisdale. Taylor's claims he want to be positive which would be good do but I've seen little evidence of and his disregard for the youth really annoys me. I think if we're not careful we'll lose out on a player like Grimes or Watkins as they're not getting the opportunity .

With regard your last point I think the answer is both?
MT has said he'll have to go with the younger players next season in his post match interview and he also knows that keeping the youth conveyor belt going is the life blood of the club, Its one of our main incomes so to say he disregards the youth system is way off the mark

With real apologies to Red Devon and others and to put this to bed it was our former manager who decided to leave, Not both!

Intheknow84

After calming down and considering the season our squad etc I see Taylor said 8 are out of contract I’ll guess at the following;

Moxey
Woodman
Lee Martin
Aaron Martin
Warren
Lee Holmes
Dickensen
Thompson

I did wonder regarding Matt Jay he signed a 3 year deal a few seasons agoI thought....

Anyway....

Where is see we need to recruit is an older head with a bit of steel. In the mould of Rob Edwards, someone to grab the game by the neck and take others with them.

we need a CB although a big fan I am of A Martin he struggles for his size against physical presence.

we Need a more attacking threat, there is obviously something going on in the background with Ajose and I would believe that will be attitude base as you can see from his body language and the way that he carries him self all is not well.
I don’t think that takes prisoners and there seems to be some sort of breakdown in the relationship there.
This is where I think we need to cut our losses and recruit Striker and maybe get a young up and coming striker in on loan to compliment.

I think Bowman has a role to play but he cannot be our main man he is a 15 goal of the season support striker but someone needs to play up with him you can contribute 25 goals that we need to see this promotion.

I thought back to another area which I believe have been a weakness for some time Sweeney is far too inconsistent and struggles and I do not believe he is a centre back neither a fullback And I really do not know where his best position is.

I honestly think we need to look at Jake Taylor and convert him into a wingback he would have to work rates and I think the role would suit him.

I think we are 4 to 5 signings away For next season to be in with a shout of automatic promotion even on a tighter budget.

I think we will see the emergence of Joe Randall who I believe will certainly be a regular next year and offer us something different.

I would be happy if we receive the goods some to let Randall Williams go and look to try and bring in someone in the mould of Kane Wilson To replace him.
I think it will be an interesting summer but by the looks of the players that may be leaving there should be some movement within the budget to recruit.

I would like to see someone like Michael Bostwick Or someone of that mould come into the squad to start adding a little bit more steel mentally and someone who can leave the team on the pitch.

Whilst I think Jake is magnificent for the community and the face of the club he is not enough of a leader on the pitch to drag others around him and this is where I believe we need to make a change in the captaincy

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He trusted Ben enough to put him on in a play off semi final second leg at a crucial point and made a point of praising both Bowman and Seymour after the game. I've certainly seen what Ben is capable of in the u23's and we have seen it in flashes in the first team. At 20 he still has some strength to accumulate but I feel that a run of games and a goal will be what he needs to really kick on.
In the U23 games I saw eg V Pompey, Hammers Ben Seymour links up with Joel Randall so naturally, they pose a threat and aren't afraid to take people on.
Given the financial impact of the play - offs / COVID 19 on us Grecians to our long term survival I think there will be little comings, more goings hence the need to give our academy players a chance.
UTC

DB9

In the U23 games I saw eg V Pompey, Hammers Ben Seymour links up with Joel Randall so naturally, they pose a threat and aren't afraid to take people on.
Given the financial impact of the play - offs / COVID 19 on us Grecians to our long term survival I think there will be little comings, more goings hence the need to give our academy players a chance.
UTC
Let's hope we have enough academy players able to step up the to the first team. We don't want to be in Bolton's situation (Bringing in kids, not their financial situation) last season where they had no choice about bringing the kids in and getting stuffed each week.

Rosencrantz

Let's hope we have enough academy players able to step up the to the first team. We don't want to be in Bolton's situation (Bringing in kids, not their financial situation) last season where they had no choice about bringing the kids in and getting stuffed each week.
They have to be ready and good enough but I expect all the young pros bar the three new lads from the youth team to be part of the first team squad rather than going out on loan again unless it is short term as they are not getting match day squad time.

What will be important is the more senior players supporting them through games. I wouldn't think they will all be thrown into a starting eleven like Bolton had to. In the u23's and leasing.com games players like Woody, Gary Warren and Jordan Tillson were exemplary alongside the young lads. The first team players will have to be the same.

Grecianpasty

With the current pandemic I can see us losing a lot of players to make ends meet. I would go as far to say that the following will be realessed:
Thompson
L Martin
A Martin
Moxey
Woodman
Warren
Holmes
Fisher
And possibly ajose transfer listed.

Sweeney and J Taylor are the players who I believe that MT was referring to when he spoke about skeletons in the closet. I imagine both will be with us next season, but should be squad players rather than first names on the sheets. J Taylor will be replaced for Collins in midfield next year.

dontpassback

Might be unpopular but I would be giving jmt a call to see what he wants to do,because I don’t think he would have been pushed about last night

DB9

They have to be ready and good enough but I expect all the young pros bar the three new lads from the youth team to be part of the first team squad rather than going out on loan again unless it is short term as they are not getting match day squad time.

What will be important is the more senior players supporting them through games. I wouldn't think they will all be thrown into a starting eleven like Bolton had to. In the u23's and leasing.com games players like Woody, Gary Warren and Jordan Tillson were exemplary alongside the young lads. The first team players will have to be the same.
I do feel cup games like the leasing.com ones are so different from the 46+ games of the EFL season, Many of the teams we played in that competition were like us, blooding the youth, Those that played in L2 were mostly rested, It's so different in L2.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the current pandemic I can see us losing a lot of players to make ends meet. I would go as far to say that the following will be realessed:
Thompson
L Martin
A Martin
Moxey
Woodman
Warren
Holmes
Fisher
And possibly ajose transfer listed.

Sweeney and J Taylor are the players who I believe that MT was referring to when he spoke about skeletons in the closet. I imagine both will be with us next season, but should be squad players rather than first names on the sheets. J Taylor will be replaced for Collins in midfield next year.
Given what a certain manager running a sports club 40 mileish W of the fairer City of Exeter had to say about the Grecians future next season ('No chance of going up') it will be interesting to see if they pick up any of our out of contract players or even bid for Archie / Randell.
UTC