• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Oxford Utd Matchday Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love it when players do that, which is a lot - they get awe struck by a proper terrace behind the goal and feel the need to celebrate in front of it
Or in Oxfords case, any stand at all behind the goal!

JW57++

Perhaps Oxford can teach us how to get penalties!
In two games against us they got 3 penalties. In our 46 league games we got 2 penalties awarded.
On a couple of occasions today the ref seemed to change his decision after complaints from the Oxford players.

denzel

Perhaps Oxford can teach us how to get penalties!
In two games against us they got 3 penalties. In our 46 league games we got 2 penalties awarded.
On a couple of occasions today the ref seemed to change his decision after complaints from the Oxford players.
I believe the ref has reffed them 4 times, and they have won 4 times.

Mid Devon Grecian

If he committed as you suggested he would have got chipped, waltzed around or, worse still, committed a foul and got sent off. He had no other realistic option other than to hold his ground and take his chances. Harris is a decent striker and in a one on one situation chances are he is going to come out on top.
If we had a striker one on one with keeper we’d expect them to score. Pete seems to have much higher expectations for our keepers than other teams custodians.

Antony Moxey

All I can say is that you know f*ck all about goalkeeping!
Makes two of you then.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointing end to a very up and down season.

I invited about 10 people to the game yesterday who don't normally come, most of them went to the pub at half time.

First half was the same dross we've put up with in most home games this season, second half was better but the game was gone really.

Sweeney absolutely awful. Alli was good.

Got to give credit for how the season has turned out, yesterday was a bit of a reality check though I think.

suffolklad

Was it a penalty? probably, but as a good striker he trails his leg just enough to buy the foul.

scottus86

Alli is going to be something for us next season. I like Cox too and think he's been good for us this season, but I think a loan to a league 2 team next season would be good for him. We'll need to sign a couple of strikers again this summer to challenge Alli.

suffolklad

While i'm on, if you need someone to blame for yesterdays defeat try Sweens. That error cost us the whole match, sadly he is just too slow against fast attacking players. Running back trying to catch Harris he actually impeded Jules. Great guy BUT11