• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City get a new CEO

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be so sure. I suspect it quite likely that someone on the Club Board knows Mr. Wolfenden of old and the new incumbent is well aware of the characters involved and the way the land lies. My guess is that he didn't much like working up in 'Brum and was looking for an opportunity to come back to the westcountry and there was a bit of friendly chat and negotiation that resulted in the new employee joining us.

I genuinely hope that it works out and that he manages to achieve some success in improving the off-field situation at the club and makes himself reasonably accessible to the supporters.
His CV was on record, he went through the interview and procedures this time so your guess is wrong I'm afraid Pete

Last edited:

Wellyred

Anybody know anything of him? Seems to have done well to organise last weekends T20 final at Edgbaston, but how much of that is him, then I don't know.
Yes Hants i used to know him quite well. I used to play against him quite a bit when he played for Bishop Hull cricket club, near Taunton, if you didnt already know. Very elegant right hand bat. Have'nt seen Guy for years but was a thoroughly nice chap back in our cricketing days. If my memory serves me well i do believe he's married to Matt Bulbecks sister (ex somerset cricketer)...Wivey grecian will probably know more!!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
His CV was on record, he went through the interview and procedures this time so your guess is wrong I'm afraid Pete
Ah. Apologies mate. I was conjecturing without the benefit of insider knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes Hants i used to know him quite well. I used to play against him quite a bit when he played for Bishop Hull cricket club, near Taunton, if you didnt already know. Very elegant right hand bat. Have'nt seen Guy for years but was a thoroughly nice chap back in our cricketing days. If my memory serves me well i do believe he's married to Matt Bulbecks sister (ex somerset cricketer)...Wivey grecian will probably know more!!
Sounds like a proper chap!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Ah. Apologies mate. I was conjecturing without the benefit of insider knowledge.
Not really pete.. i knew this morning like the rest of you, just it says on the ecfc official site he went through the recruitment process

gbjpc

I think this is potentially a good appointment if he gets the commercial side going and if as CEO he takes a good look at the current cost structure. I wonder how much we will save on Taggy. I have nothing against him but not sure the role he has is necessary.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not really pete.. i knew this morning like the rest of you, just it says on the ecfc official site he went through the recruitment process
Pete was replying to your original post which you subsequently changed.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you enlighten those of us who had the misfortune to miss it?!

Fareham Grecian

Interestingly, Lez seems to have changed Pete's reply too

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interestingly, Lez seems to have changed Pete's reply too
Is that ethical?

Last edited by a moderator: