• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City get a new CEO

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well this is a surprise, I'll hold judgement till a few months have gone by. The commercial department needs a kick up the arse so maybe this is it. Plus one of his biggest job is the redevelopment of the ground, Trying to take this forward would be a huge plus in my mind
I don't believe it is. Would be good to see a more detailed job description.

Did we ever see an organogram for the Club?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last year it (T20 final) was in Cardiff and I believe it get's shared around among different venues.
The "unlovely" Edgbaston had T20 Finals Day in 2004, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013 so there has not been too much sharing around Fred. I think they have the next 4years 2014-17 as well.

All part of the process of "packages" and I think compensation for losing out on an Ashes test.

Grecian1966

The "unlovely" Edgbaston had T20 Finals Day in 2004, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013 so there has not been too much sharing around Fred. I think they have the next 4years 2014-17 as well.

All part of the process of "packages" and I think compensation for losing out on an Ashes test.
So in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012 it was elsewhere so by my definition that is sharing;)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am comfortable with this providing :

1) We have a visible figure head , particularly on match days. I did director for the day last year Stevie P and Laurence took the time to chat and spend time with us while our esteemed Chairman quick handshake and that was it.

2) We can afford it. Presume Mr Tagg will take some sort of pay-cut as some of his duties are now done by the new Guy (rofl)

3) We see big improvements on the commercial side

Would love to see his Job Description !!

DB9

I don't believe it is. Would be good to see a more detailed job description.

Did we ever see an organogram for the Club?
This one of the biggest challenges that ECFC need to face, We have half a ground, A lease that runs out and a Council that doesn't seem to give a flying fig about us. If this is not in the new CEO's mind and remit then what the hell is he there for? He will be the face of non-footballing matters at ECFC and he will have to talk to the Council, Developers (If we get that far) concerned residents etc.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This one of the biggest challenges that ECFC need to face, We have half a ground, A lease that runs out and a Council that doesn't seem to give a flying fig about us. If this is not in the new CEO's mind and remit then what the hell is he there for? He will be the face of non-footballing matters at ECFC and he will have to talk to the Council, Developers (If we get that far) concerned residents etc.
The ground redevelopment is Chorlton's responsibility and why Ed is getting £20k a year. I think Guy has more pressing matters to deal with.

Alistair20000

So in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012 it was elsewhere so by my definition that is sharing;)
You forgot 2003 which was also non Brum. :)

Insufficient sharing IMO.

Grecian1966

I can well imagine this geezer getting back home and the realisation dawning on him that he has been sold a pup as they say. Ed Chorlton smirking when he says to Guy that his main challenge is in delivering a redevelopment that he couldn't 'quite' finish (well hasn't started as yet), and Jools Tagg glossing over his commercial expertise in delivering the once in a lifetime 'Brazil' kit whilst leaving Guy with little room to put right his mess. I genuinely wish him well but I suspect he will be faced with a brick wall on any commercial decisions by either Tagg or Chorlton. It appears he will be given a remuneration package based on 'performance'. Therefore, what happens if his first recommendation is to take a broom to the Commercial team? Will that be endorsed by the board? As likely as Brazil playing Greenland in the next World Cup Final.

Grecian2K

Is it true that the 'selection committee' are throwing him a welcome dinner?

Pete Martin (CTID)

I can well imagine this geezer getting back home and the realisation dawning on him that he has been sold a pup as they say. Ed Chorlton smirking when he says to Guy that his main challenge is in delivering a redevelopment that he couldn't 'quite' finish (well hasn't started as yet), and Jools Tagg glossing over his commercial expertise in delivering the once in a lifetime 'Brazil' kit whilst leaving Guy with little room to put right his mess. I genuinely wish him well but I suspect he will be faced with a brick wall on any commercial decisions by either Tagg or Chorlton. It appears he will be given a remuneration package based on 'performance'. Therefore, what happens if his first recommendation is to take a broom to the Commercial team? Will that be endorsed by the board? As likely as Brazil playing Greenland in the next World Cup Final.
I wouldn't be so sure. I suspect it quite likely that someone on the Club Board knows Mr. Wolfenden of old and the new incumbent is well aware of the characters involved and the way the land lies. My guess is that he didn't much like working up in 'Brum and was looking for an opportunity to come back to the westcountry and there was a bit of friendly chat and negotiation that resulted in the new employee joining us.

I genuinely hope that it works out and that he manages to achieve some success in improving the off-field situation at the club and makes himself reasonably accessible to the supporters.