• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City get a new CEO

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So glad it wasn't just me and my poor hearing. No trouble with Wolfie, Taggy or, indeed, any of the assembled media. Only himself.
I totally agree about the way Chorlton came over in that press conference; I honestly could barely understand a word he said! Considering he's held such high office in the past, I thought he was deplorable. He mumbled everything he said, which was useless to me, even at full volume; I tried lip reading but he barely opens his mouth, so no chance there! I take it he made a joke once or twice, since I thought I detected a bit of a smile. I thought it was quite bad that Chorlton and Tagg sat at the same height either side of Wolfie, and Wolfie was seated almost a foot lower between the pair of them! Its really bad not to have all parties sat at equal height in that way. I was also annoyed that every time Wolfie was asked a direct question, Tagg or Chorlton would follow on from his acceptable answers (often before he'd finished) and chime in themselves! It goes without saying that judging from the footage Chorlton looked and acted like a total slob who wished he was somewhere else, and Tagg looked extremely pensive and nervous; I cant think why!

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
the link from the main site takes you to this...from last season...

http://www.exetercityfcshop.co.uk/
It may have been changed since your post, in which case thanks for highlighting this, but the link from both the 'shop' option on the top line and the 'Club Shop' option in the 'Club' submenu now point to http://ecfc.co/ExeterCityShop which is the new online shop.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It may have been changed since your post, in which case thanks for highlighting this, but the link from both the 'shop' option on the top line and the 'Club Shop' option in the 'Club' submenu now point to http://ecfc.co/ExeterCityShop which is the new online shop.
Good news then mike - glad no-one at the club still reads Exeweb ... ;-)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I totally agree about the way Chorlton came over in that press conference; I honestly could barely understand a word he said! Considering he's held such high office in the past, I thought he was deplorable. He mumbled everything he said, which was useless to me, even at full volume; I tried lip reading but he barely opens his mouth, so no chance there! I take it he made a joke once or twice, since I thought I detected a bit of a smile. I thought it was quite bad that Chorlton and Tagg sat at the same height either side of Wolfie, and Wolfie was seated almost a foot lower between the pair of them! Its really bad not to have all parties sat at equal height in that way. I was also annoyed that every time Wolfie was asked a direct question, Tagg or Chorlton would follow on from his acceptable answers (often before he'd finished) and chime in themselves! It goes without saying that judging from the footage Chorlton looked and acted like a total slob who wished he was somewhere else, and Tagg looked extremely pensive and nervous; I cant think why!
Totally agree as a so called press conference it was a total shambles an embaressment and about as professional as a Vicar of Dibley parish council meeting. No prizes for guessing who was the bumbling Trevor Peacock character.