• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City get a new CEO

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I read Mr Tagg's comments on the article identified by Pete Martin as an admission that he did not have the expertise to carry out his full allocated duties taken on from Norrie. He has of course been handsomely rewarded for occupying the desk in the post Norrie era.
Tagg took long enough to decide he wasnt up to the job didnt he? How long has Norrie been gone? I would hope that Tagg has now taken the relevant pay cut, since he made his decision!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read Mr Tagg's comments on the article identified by Pete Martin as an admission that he did not have the expertise to carry out his full allocated duties taken on from Norrie. He has of course been handsomely rewarded for occupying the desk in the post Norrie era.

I have no problem with Wolfie taking time to settle in, gather the facts etc before instituting change. I am suspicious of those types who profess to want to "hit the ground running."

As an exception from his period of mature and careful review, I hope he will make a rapid start on seeking to find new revenue streams and expand the existing income sources. Some urgent gingering up in the commercial department would also be sensible.

Welcome on board Wolfie and good luck.
Seeing as he has finally admitted he wasn't up for the job, wonder if there's any chance he will take a substantial paycut, to make up for the last 3 years wages, in which he was obviously overpaid.........

I won't hold my breath.

PeteUSA

Seeing as he has finally admitted he wasn't up for the job, wonder if there's any chance he will take a substantial paycut, to make up for the last 3 years wages, in which he was obviously overpaid..........
So he's been paid a greatly increased wage (into his business account) as CEO for THREE YEARS and he's only just admitted he cant do the f*****g job properly? Not as much of a club man as I thought, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
So he's been paid a greatly increased wage (into his business account) as CEO for THREE YEARS and he's only just admitted he cant do the f*****g job properly? Not as much of a club man as I thought, unfortunately.
I'm actually surprised by his admission, shame he couldn't just leave things alone a few years ago.

PeteUSA

I'm actually surprised by his admission, shame he couldn't just leave things alone a few years ago.
If that was your average man or woman in the street, they wouldnt fall back into the other cushy job that he has, they'd be given their coppers and cards and be out on their ass!

exeips

There was a small interview with the new CEO on Spotlight last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03bt5zh/Spotlight_01_10_2013/

Starts on 18 minutes & it's available for another 10 hours.

"Football club should be in a similar place to the rugby club".

"Looking forward to help develop the ground".

"Working with Paul to help develop the best team and stadium for the fans of Exeter".

STURTZ

I'm interested in what Taggy actually brings to the "football side" of things, is he a coach, or does he devote his time to the logistics? Serious question.

malcolms

I'm interested in what Taggy actually brings to the "football side" of things, is he a coach, or does he devote his time to the logistics Serious question.
I'm always intrigued when people use the word "logistics".....

In this instance it is clearly inappropriate, particularly when you consider the definition of the word...

"the detailed organisation and implementation of a complex operation"

There is no job description within the club that could remotely be called "complex"

Pete Martin (CTID)

"Looking forward to help develop the stadium"
Shovel, boots and hard hat at the ready then, eh?

STURTZ

I'm always intrigued when people use the word "logistics".....

In this instance it is clearly inappropriate, particularly when you consider the definition of the word...

"the detailed organisation and implementation of a complex operation"

There is no job description within the club that could remotely be called "complex"
Alright then, is Taggy a coach, or is he in charge of player welfare, accommodation, travel, kit, dietary requirements, training attendance, communication, contracts, that sort of thing. Must say I find logistics quite a handy term to cover all that stuff and don't have a problem with it.