• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City foundation meeting

ECFC Music

However it is at least of some comfort that the existing governance arrangements that are in place to date, identified the problem at an early stage and allowed the club to act as it is now doing, on the problem.

Seems to me elementary to have oversight of the progress of a scheme such as this from day one so no great credit for that.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Seems to me that a lot of the money knocking about Exeter comes from businesses etc as well. Questions must be asked whether enough is being done to draw businesses into corporate deals e.g. company sponsorship of each player as well as individual for, say £100 a player or more if thats what it costs, multiplied by 23 or whatever, all money to the trust. They get perks for doing so as well as advertising e.g. signed photo of the player for the office and a plaque saying what they've done. Just spitballing here, but something along these ideas - businesses pay loads for marketing, a decent proportion of my outgoing is on advertising and marketing, and they'll jump at the chance to hit 4-5000 people fortnightly

Grecian1966

Seems to me that a lot of the money knocking about Exeter comes from businesses etc as well. Questions must be asked whether enough is being done to draw businesses into corporate deals e.g. company sponsorship of each player as well as individual for, say £100 a player or more if thats what it costs, multiplied by 23 or whatever, all money to the trust. They get perks for doing so as well as advertising e.g. signed photo of the player for the office and a plaque saying what they've done. Just spitballing here, but something along these ideas - businesses pay loads for marketing, a decent proportion of my outgoing is on advertising and marketing, and they'll jump at the chance to hit 4-5000 people fortnightly
Back in the days of Tony Kellow as Commercial Manager he would arrange deals (matchball or match sponsorship) for traders in areas such as Magdalen St or Fore St traders etc. This had the effect of allowing smaller businesses to support the club at a realistic price and enabling them to gain collective benefit for their area. Not seen this done for many years.

Last edited: