• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City foundation meeting

Red the Paper

Banned
Funny really as I recall being introduced to Paul Morrish in Monte Carlo in 2004. His position was actually Head of Savings Retail Bank at the time and he was there as a hanger on, together with a few other Barclays Retail Managers. Bearing in mind Barclays Bank Managers in Retail were on peanuts and lacked commercial nouse or any real business acumen, the section heads in Barclays Retail were not big earners by comparison to the Financial Consultants. Surprised how someone in such a "Big" job at Barclays decided to leave.

Last edited:

Saint James

No great surprises there then, the Ex BoS in the person of St.Jimmy couldn't give a sh*t about you suckers either, but my guess is he does have issues with Paul Morrish.
No great surprises there then that the self professed non Trust member and avid dagenham fan avoids the challenge of answering the question by throwing an insult. So when did you first become aware that the Bond scheme was a financial disaster? I'm looking for your 1st posting on the matter but there appears to be no mention of it from you before jumping on the bandwagon of others - strange that. I'm happy to talk about my involvement on anything connected to the club with anyone .... except you. I think you'll find I give a shxt about many things that interest me unfortunately you don't.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
No great surprises there then that the self professed non Trust member and avid dagenham fan avoids the challenge of answering the question by throwing an insult. So when did you first become aware that the Bond scheme was a financial disaster? I'm looking for your 1st posting on the matter but there appears to be no mention of it from you before jumping on the bandwagon of others - strange that. I'm happy to talk about my involvement on anything connected to the club with anyone .... except you. I think you'll find I give a shxt about many things that interest me unfortunately you don't.
Avoiding all the aggressive and silly stuff.....one comment stood out from your post Jimmy..

"the bond scheme was a financial disaster"

Does this statement have substance or is it just hyperbole?

Last edited:

Poultice

Ho ho !

Interesting response from an ex member of the body which is supposed to represent the views and interests of all the fans.

I don't ask questions for my own benefit Jimbob, I am way past caring what the wholly inept BoS does, I ask the questions the soporific membership of the Trust should ask in the hope that they will wake up to to the complete waste of time and effort that you and the rest of that little gang of self seekers have been.

I don't expect an answer to this but I will throw it out there as a rhetorical.

Why on earth would I be asking questions about the Foundation ? What possibility was there that I might have picked up on the fact that it was, in your words,"a financial disaster", the Club, the Trust, the BoS or Uncle Tom Cobbley 'DOESN'T RELEASE ANY INFORMATION' ! That is why we shall not know that the boys we trusted to run the Trust were a bunch of inept time serving committee men until it is too late and the Club is back in administration when it will be too late to do anything about it.

Hello !

It was your job as a Trustee to be making sure the Club was doing things properly, that's why you were elected because you said in your prospectus that you loved the Club and and could be trusted to look after it, you lied, you couldn't be trusted. During your tenure the clowns that run the Club have been able to get a way with pulling numerous stunts that we know about and quite probably a lot more that we don't ,while you and the rest of the wise monkeys sat there with your thumbs up your asses.

Plenty of times I and others have asked for a summary of what the BoS has actually done and was going to do, the only answer anybody has ever got was that you were having a meeting about all sorts of stuff but it was too important for the proles to be told any specifics. So now the lack acumen on the Board and the BoS is being highlighted by yet another total c*ck up all Jimbob wants to do is call me to account for not asking a question about something which I couldn't possibly have any knowledge of, nice one Jimbob but I don't think you are fooling anybody.

The Trust membership deserves an answer to why their representatives did nothing to bring the Club to account over this and any number of other matters ? I suspect the simple answer is neither the old BoS, nor the new one with such luminaries as Bondy stepping up to the plate, had either the intelligence or the bottle to do the job they were elected to.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
********. You are basing your response to Tony on the premise that the Foundation has been an unmitigated failure since its inception. This is is certainly not the case. Indeed the Foundation has made money for both the club and its youth set up for the overwhelming majority of its existance. It is only recently that the problem or the 'season ticket lock' has brought us to the position of it now costing money.

Noone is going to shy away from the fact that the 'season ticket lock' was a bad idea. However it is at least of some comfort that the existing governance arrangements that are in place to date, identified the problem at an early stage and allowed the club to act as it is now doing, on the problem.

It is now up to the existing membership of the Foundation to vote on a workable way forward and communications will be made via both the official Exeter City website and in personal communications to Foundation members shortly.

The situation that we now find ourselves in has been regrettable, and was a result of mistakes of the past - which have only manefested as such in the here and now. What is important is that we learn from these mistakes, which I have every confidence we will.

malcolms

********. You are basing your response to Tony on the premise that the Foundation has been an unmitigated failure since its inception. This is is certainly not the case. Indeed the Foundation has made money for both the club and its youth set up for the overwhelming majority of its existance. It is only recently that the problem or the 'season ticket lock' has brought us to the position of it now costing money.

Noone is going to shy away from the fact that the 'season ticket lock' was a bad idea. However it is at least of some comfort that the existing governance arrangements that are in place to date, identified the problem at an early stage and allowed the club to act as it is now doing, on the problem.

It is now up to the existing membership of the Foundation to vote on a workable way forward and communications will be made via both the official Exeter City website and in personal communications to Foundation members shortly.

The situation that we now find ourselves in has been regrettable, and was a result of mistakes of the past - which have only manefested as such in the here and now. What is important is that we learn from these mistakes, which I have every confidence we will.
So we have established that the "season ticket lock" was a bad idea and we have also been told that it was a Morrish contribution. When this is taken together with the other bad ideas perpetrated by Mr Morrish should a letter of resignation be expected or will he react like the banker he is and try to deflect the ultimate responsibility. Oh, I forgot, he doesn't read Exeweb but craves attention with the wierdy beardies on the other site.........

dommers

When this is taken together with the other bad ideas perpetrated by Mr Morrish should a letter of resignation be expected or will he react like the banker he is and try to deflect the ultimate responsibility.
Are you going to list these other bad ideas or just leave them in the air like most usually do?

malcolms

Are you going to list these other bad ideas or just leave them in the air like most usually do?
******* off the main sponsor might be a good place to start...

Signing a crap deal with a crap kit supplier might follow...

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
******* off the main sponsor might be a good place to start...

Signing a crap deal with a crap kit supplier might follow...
Who ****** off the main sponsor?

Did I miss something?

Carbrini... Can't argue with that. :(

Saint James

Ho ho !

I don't ask questions for my own benefit
That did make me and most of exeweb smile I must say. Thanks as ever for your acerbic contribution to humankind.

p.s. Bondy is a nice guy if you get to know him :)