• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Tim Long

Not sure about the third but two videos I've seen posted detailing the Tom Daley impressionist as a "stonewall" pen and another one in injury time when their player and Luke Harris jumped for the ball and theirs goes down holding his face despite Luke having his arms by his side. Both videos pretty much undermine their arguments.
And then said player on hearing the whistle, leaps to his feet and runs ten yards to argue with the referee. Feigning injury: yellow card. Dissent: yellow card. Or concussion check to make sure he wasn't reacting to the whistle under the impression he was a boxer hearing the bell to start a round.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cheltenham do have previous for 'housery so i have little sympathy for them here.

Alistair20000

Didn't say he was a goal scorer, just said his chance was easier.
I never said you did but maybe the miss goes some way to explaining the stats

arthur

Cheltenham do have previous for 'housery so i have little sympathy for them here.
My abiding memory of Cheltenham is seeing the odious Yates, manager at the time, catch the ball as it went out of play. As a City player walked towards him to retrieve the ball, Yates held it out then dropped it behind himself. Cnut of the first water

cambmike

A good, well earned three points today. Apart from a short spell after half time when we struggled to adapt to Cheltenham's change of shape we were the better side throughout.
We should have really gone in a goal up at half time. Eisa hit the post early on and had an effort saved when either side of the keeper it almost certainly hits the back of the net. Niskanen, I think, forced the keeper into turning a snap shot over the bar. We were on the front door and Cheltenham offered little or nothing. Certainly no need for half time substitutions from us that one poster was calling for.
Cheltenham made two subs which bought them back into the game even when we did regain control of them game and made it more of an even contest. Their goal was a farce as far defending it was concerned. I note the usual 'blame the scapgoat' route taken by the usual suspects on here. Yes Carroll could have dealt with it as could another three or four players.
We rallied in earnest and the scapegoat brothers, Harris and Carroll combined well after Harris initially won the ball back on the half way line to eventually get away a tidy finish into the far post.
The game went to and from but we still looked the more likely to dig out the win and with a preordained corner routine, not the pot shot as described previously on here, earnt us a penalty when Niskanens rocket was handled. In real time I thought it was harsh from where I was stood beside the corner from which the corner came from. The Cheltenham player barely to have chance to get out of the way. Having seen it back on the highlights, penalty all day long. Reece Cole coolest nan on the park, as you would expect scores and sends that end of the ground into raptures. Seven minutes of injury time gave Cheltenham long enough to launch some missiles at our box, certainly enough justification to bring Chieck on (after the pitch side announcer finally learnt to pronounce his name properly, his previous two attempts were laughable to say the least) for some old skool defending and see them off.
Northampton have helped us out by beating Port Vale which now sees us, if maybe not quite automatically, safe. Overall today was a step up in our standards, being able to play 'Bazball' better and for longer periods of the game. The 'Bazball' bashers could argue it was against a poor Cheltenham side but it wasn't all that long ago where we would have lost that game having gone a goal down. Our target now has to be to get as close to eleventh, our highest realistically attainable position, as possible and go from there.
Never see the point of substitution in extra time as 1 minute is usually added and 2 yesterday.

cambmike

Put Eisa in there, he’s not much good for anything else if you’re that desperate for him to stay.
I thought Eisa was really good for 10 minutes and then faded

KentGrecian

Has Razor recovered

Spoonz Red E

Has Razor recovered
Just rinse under the cold tap after use.

Alistair20000

Has Razor recovered
I understand yes but it was a close shave