• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can we afford to lose Ryan Bowman and Randell Williams in January ?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because he made a joke about spelling, hardly hardcore banter - how was he to know the situation? Obviously he wouldn't have said that if he had known... he has nothing to apologise for. It's framing TPC be something he isn't - that's not right. Echos a twitter pile-on... such a weird internet culture of scrambling for the moral high ground at every point.

Separately from that, I'm sorry to hear that jimbo & wish you good health.
TBF it may even have been bleddy auto-correct on the phone. Who knows?
Anyways...Best of luck to you Jimbo.

jimbo-gould

Guys, to be clear I also don’t believe an apology is needed, likewise with the well wishes; although very much appreciated.

I do think TPC can be very quick to shut other’s views down, or not acknowledge something which has been said, but nothing worse than that.

Red Bill

I like the mobility we have now, especially due to Randall and Jay, but also to Williams and Bowman. Jake seems to have picked up his game, too. That long pass to Randall was inch perfect when Randall then crossed for Bowman to slot in. 👍
I thought Jake Taylor was outstanding on Saturday, probably my MotM.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Jake Taylor was outstanding on Saturday, probably my MotM.
Has Jake ever played better for us?

Red Bill

I can't think how he could have, for me he did absolutely everything anyone could have asked or wanted from him. He was everywhere and scored the goal of the match IMO

Average Joe

I'm not sure why poeple think Williams is on the verge of leaving. He's hardly shown he is championship level this year and I can't see us selling him for a lower rate to a league one club

Grecianpasty

I'm not sure why poeple think Williams is on the verge of leaving. He's hardly shown he is championship level this year and I can't see us selling him for a lower rate to a league one club
I disagree. I think that if the club recieved a 200k bid we would accept it.

Average Joe

My feelings are that we need him to get promoted and the need for 200k after the Watkins money isn't exactly vital. If We did not have the Watkins money through this year then I'd accept we need to sell. I have no clue what length of contract Williams is on, so again if it's only this year then yes I'd be happy to sell him but if he has more than a year then again I'd keep him

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I disagree. I think that if the club recieved a 200k bid we would accept it.
Bearing in mind half the money would go to Watford, it would be crazy to potentially affect our promotion chances for £100k. We need to strategically strengthen the team in January, not start to dismantle it.

Ash

Definitely not. He's doing all the hard work and tackling that he's always done but to the best level he's capable of. At the same time he's added a range of passing that I wasn't sure he had in him and his finishing has been top drawer. In the form of his life, long may it continue!