• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can we afford to lose Ryan Bowman and Randell Williams in January ?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't necessarily think he chose to stay with the club. The Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony actually has his own podcast "The Hard Truth' and he speaks about having a deal agreed this summer with a player from Exeter (obviously Williams) and that the wages were agreed and then he changed his agent (who MacAnthony in his own words hates) and he then wanted to wait a week to see if a Championship club came in for him. Basically pi#$ed him off and Peterborough pulled the plug on the deal.

From listening to MT though I agree that Williams does seem like a hard working player behind the scenes as he has spoken about the extra work he does at training etc. His poor start to the season (which is hopefully behind him now) though was probably in part to this whole situation.
I didn't know that and assuming what the Posh owner says it's true then it could have put him off his game a bit. But I think it's a bit tough to expect him to be running up and down the wing all through the game to attack and to defend. He clearly has a winger's mentality rather than a wing back's mentality : he's looking forwards rather than backwards.

tonykellowfan

I do think the criticism of our players that appears on exeweb sometimes is completely bonkers.

Williams was slow out of the blocks this season, could have been any number of reasons. Now though he is a big part of the reasons we are where we are in the league. Our front 4 is the best in L2 in my opinion.

IndoMike

I do think the criticism of our players that appears on exeweb sometimes is completely bonkers.

Williams was slow out of the blocks this season, could have been any number of reasons. Now though he is a big part of the reasons we are where we are in the league. Our front 4 is the best in L2 in my opinion.
I like the mobility we have now, especially due to Randall and Jay, but also to Williams and Bowman. Jake seems to have picked up his game, too. That long pass to Randall was inch perfect when Randall then crossed for Bowman to slot in. 👍

jimbo-gould

Any chance of an apology from TPC or even a note of regret?
I use the microphone as I cannot move my fingers due to breaking my neck. But pleased that’s another thing for you to moan at, pal.
If it’s for my post above then I do not expect or want one really. However it does show a poster who is so happy to shout their opinion as if it’s the only one worth noting will just ignore any hint that they may have done/said something wrong.

It is ego denting to accept someone else’s point, which why I suspect it will not ever happen.

arthur

It is ego denting to accept someone else’s point,
That rather depends on your ego......

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take a look at other club websites, lots are many times worse than ours.

Exeweb is a very very tame website that doesn't invite any kind of criticism regardless of whether it is justified or not.

Some on here including yourself don't seem to be able to deal with any of our players being criticised, I'd say that is completely bonkers.

tonykellowfan

I've criticised McCardle and Seymour, both of which I think is justified.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding the string of comments about me following my post about Jimbo's spelling, I wasn't aware Jimbo had broken his neck, why would I be ? I'm sorry for him that has happened.

I made a light hearted joke about his spelling and the usual suspects are climbing all over it looking to score cheap points. If Jimbo hadn't mentioned he had broken his neck nobody would have said anything. I'm certainly not blaming Jimbo in any way for that however perhaps it says a lot about a few others on here.

I won't be making an apology based on a few people demanding one (many of whom are the usual hypocrites, yes Ballz and Sturtz I am referring to you).

I made a cheap joke, the like of which appears on here regularly, if the mods feel it was out of order and unacceptable they are able to ban me.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

Why not just say sorry?

Grecian Max

Why not just say sorry?
Because he made a joke about spelling, hardly hardcore banter - how was he to know the situation? Obviously he wouldn't have said that if he had known... he has nothing to apologise for. It's framing TPC be something he isn't - that's not right. Echos a twitter pile-on... such a weird internet culture of scrambling for the moral high ground at every point.

Separately from that, I'm sorry to hear that jimbo & wish you good health.

Last edited: