• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is easy to say, but of course we don’t know whether any steps we took *would* stop the slide.
Imagine the outrage if Government took this attitude.

older-codger

Fair point, albeit ironic, on the face of it, that we opted instead for someone who was out for the best part of six weeks and, it seems, is still a long way off the pace. Meanwhile at FGR...
I quite agree - the alternative appears to be useless, but I don't that it is right to make a blanket statement that the club is too tight and GC incapable to recognise a striker

Fareham Grecian

The stark fact remains of the last 21 League points available we have amassed 1 solitary point, alarm bells are ringing loudly something has gone very wrong.
That is true. My point was that before you do anything about it, you need a specific plan that has a better than evens chance of improving things.

Oliver

That is true. My point was that before you do anything about it, you need a specific plan that has a better than evens chance of improving things.
Looking at Gary's CV doesn't inspire me with confidence , although I hope we do have a dramatic change in results

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I mean hey, if Rotherham's form continues, Matty Taylor might be available again!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mean hey, if Rotherham's form continues, Matty Taylor might be available again!
As Tisdale's assistant?
Failing that I believe that Gerry Francis, John Cornforth and Neil McNab might still be available.

Don’t think Matt fancied the rebuild at city so jumped ship, he’s arguably doing a worse job at Rotherham than the GC at city. Not sure having a record signing striker sat on the bench is any better than not signing one…
If GC leaves I hope we don’t go down that route personally…

Radio Free Skaro

Don’t think Matt fancied the rebuild at city so jumped ship, he’s arguably doing a worse job at Rotherham than the GC at city. Not sure having a record signing striker sat on the bench is any better than not signing one…
If GC leaves I hope we don’t go down that route personally…
Really don't think GC is leaving any time soon.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really don't think GC is leaving any time soon.
Of course he isn't. However he's learning the harsh realities of being the manager of a club punching above it's weight financially. The loss of first team players to injury and not having like for like replacements is something he has to suck up I'm afraid.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Tisdale's assistant?
Failing that I believe that Gerry Francis, John Cornforth and Neil McNab might still be available.
The Gerry Francis situation is a strange one after getting us relegated and himself getting the boot he went to Bristol Rovers where he was a success and if memory serves me correctly he left them for Spurs where again he did ok.