• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
He only has 4 league games in November

Fleetwood and Shrewsbury are must wins

Bolton and Peterborough I wouldn't expect points from so will be a bonus

Anything less than 6 points from that and surely he'd have to be moved on, we'd be almost certainly in the bottom 4

-----

Wigan in the FA Cup is important to find a win again, usually this would be less of an issue losing this but we will continue to see a dip in gates if the home form continues

Boro is a free hit

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Anything less than 6 points from that and surely he'd have to be moved on, we'd be almost certainly in the bottom 4
I feel like if they were to pull the trigger it would have to be after these games, we would probably be in the bottom 4 and it would allow a new manager time to assess things before the January window.

If Caldwell gets to January he might as well see the season out because it would be daft to let him sign players then give him the boot.

Reality is, GC is going absolutely nowhere even if we lose our next 6 games.

On a side note, I was amazed how positive the atmosphere was on Saturday - how many sides in the EFL can get away with 6 league defeats in a row without the crowd getting a bit hostile? We're almost a bit too forgiving if anything.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

-----

Wigan in the FA Cup is important to find a win again, usually this would be less of an issue losing this but we will continue to see a dip in gates if the home form continues

Boro is a free hit
An FA Cup run also would boost the ability to fund some additional transfers in January.

C j phill

An FA Cup run also would boost the ability to fund some additional transfers in January.
I'd have thought the run in the Carabao cup, the crowds in excess of 6,000 and the Nombe transfer income would provide enough money for January transfers, without our usual exit from the FA cup in round 1.

cambmike

I wonder how much recruiting 'good people' that GC has had as top pri
I'd have thought the run in the Carabao cup, the crowds in excess of 6,000 and the Nombe transfer income would provide enough money for January transfers, without our usual exit from the FA cup in round 1.
As I understand it the income from transfers is split 3 ways - new players, academy and club improvements

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster

-----

Boro is a free hit
I'd be disappointed if we don't beat Wigan. They looked really poor and negative last week and if we can't work out a way to beat them it doesn't auger well.
Though if we win tomorrow night we can sack it off

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder how much recruiting 'good people' that GC has had as top pri

As I understand it the income from transfers is split 3 ways - new players, academy and club improvements
Not anymore. If they're ex-Academy then some money will go that way. Not sure how or if the money is split now.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes of course that would have helped, but an FA Cup run on top can't do any harm.

Exehausted

Not anymore. If they're ex-Academy then some money will go that way. Not sure how or if the money is split now.
Exactly. Taggy and Nick Hawker were asked this question during a zoom meeting and they both said that this was never the case. It was an aspiration possibly but never implemented. Money is allocated to different areas due to the need at any one time.

Memphis09

Bet Mr Hawker will say we need have five years in the bank just in case
We all know we need a couple of strikers so splash the cash
Don’t want to go down to league two again