• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
As Tisdale's assistant?
Failing that I believe that Gerry Francis, John Cornforth and Neil McNab might still be available.
Sort it out Inglethorpe

scottus86

While you can't sit around and blame this all on refs. We've had some atrocious decisions go against us in this run. Aimson's red card and the foul on Harper yesterday, which was a clear as day red, standout the most.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
While you can't sit around and blame this all on refs. We've had some atrocious decisions go against us in this run. Aimson's red card and the foul on Harper yesterday, which was a clear as day red, standout the most.
The standard of officiating seems to be as poor as its ever been.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still looks grim. Wonder where on Earth the goals to save us are coming from. Not from Muskwe and Co. , that’s for sure. It’s going to be a long old haul to January , and will we be prepared to pay out to save our L1 status then anyway.Will the players we need then indeed be available?
Who would then want to join a team in a relegation battle?

The ship sailed at the end of August.

Mr Jinx

Gareth Ainsworth now free - Joey or Gareth ?
I'd take Ainsworth. He wouldn't take us though.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a big shout!

He would pretty much guarantee survival but the football would be atrocious.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he's a problem, we should be bloody dropping him. I know we don't have much depth but surely even one of the academy lads is better than someone who doesn't care
Agree. I’d be dropping Aimson and playing Fitzwater instead.

For me, Caldwell deserves November before I’d be calling for his head. Don’t get me wrong, the recent form has been atrocious and some poor recruitment has left us way too thin, but I’m clinging onto the fact we can grind out a couple of wins and then build again. January is then huge and I don’t want any of this waiting till deadline day ******** like last time.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree. I’d be dropping Aimson and playing Fitzwater instead.

For me, Caldwell deserves November before I’d be calling for his head. Don’t get me wrong, the recent form has been atrocious and some poor recruitment has left us way too thin, but I’m clinging onto the fact we can grind out a couple of wins and then build again. January is then huge and I don’t want any of this waiting till deadline day ******** like last time.
With January it is not unlike we don't know what we need and how desperately we need it. Whether GC is the right person to lead us to then will be determined in the next month imho. Ultimately if we are going to make a change, then it needs to be done reasonably ahead of the transfer window in order to give the new person time to assess the current side and then identify and bring in players he feels can add to the side.

Fleetwood is a must win game. Hopefully we can get some positive results tomorrow night (Well positive performance) and Saturday to lead us into the Fleetwood game

Colesman Ballz

That would effectively be "Project 3000" !

Grecian Max

I'll happily change my my mind if November brings us some points, and just as importantly performances + goals.

Cheltenham concern me as they have appointed Clarke who is an excellent manager and I think he will keep them up. It's going to get congested beyond Reading who do look doomed - but even then they could turn it round.

At least on Saturday they showed some guts to get back into it, but the first half was same old, same old. I'm all for possession football but there were times we were holding onto it for the sake of it without any idea how to translate that to an attacking move.

That moment when Lincoln hit the bar felt like it could be quite important as a turning point as we'd have lost 2 or 3 nil from there.