• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need a ‘truth and reconciliation’ thread to heal the wounds of Exeweb division! 😆🔴⚪
I repent of all my sins and absolutions ..............

cannockred

I repent of all my sins and absolutions ..............
10 hail Mary's and 50 quid in the priests whisky fund should do it......

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it would help heal divisions if the poll at the top of this thread were removed. I thought that it was going to be a 'one off' vote , like most polls are.

This poll has now outlived its usefulness - there is no way GC is being sacked before the end of the season. If there is another slump the poll could be revived. For now having the results of a poll at the top of this thread perpetuates the division we are seeing on this thread.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it would help heal divisions if the poll at the top of this thread were removed. I thought that it was going to be a 'one off' vote , like most polls are.

This poll has now outlived its usefulness - there is no way GC is being sacked before the end of the season. If there is another slump the poll could be revived. For now having the results of a poll at the top of this thread perpetuates the division we are seeing on this thread.
Agree, I think the time for 'are you Caldwell in or out?' has passed.

He's in. So you're either a fan of him or you aren't - just like at every other club with regards to the manager.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

He's in. So you're either a fan of him or you aren't - just like at every other club with regards to the manager.
And most of us will have changed our opinions over time, probably more than once.

As of today in our 32 league games played well have kept 10 clean sheets and scored in only 16. In mid December these stats would have been far worse and it seems somewhat surprising that so many, including myself, voted Caldwell in. Did we just have blind faith, or maybe to a degree understood our underlying problems; mostly not having an adequate strike force?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, spain.

I used to work with people who over exaggerated and repeated themselves ad nauseam.

You dont know any of them, do you 🤔🙂
It wasn't meant as a weird allegory. Its just an aside. Unless it actually was you, of course, though, I 've just remembered I think he was actually called Barry Holmes, not Brian.

I think once the vote gets to the Brexit 52% we can call it

Grecianman135

In fairness I think it's wise to never be a fan of a manager despite how good or bad they are.

I support the club not the manager,yes you might lean towards managers more than others but it's always been the club for me.

Probably sounds ridiculous but that's just my opinion.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness I think it's wise to never be a fan of a manager despite how good or bad they are.

I support the club not the manager,yes you might lean towards managers more than others but it's always been the club for me.

Probably sounds ridiculous but that's just my opinion.
It's not ridiculous, it's just obvious. I can't imagine anyone supports a manager more than the club 😂