• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is anyone watching actually happy with the way we are playing ?
Yes, and what's your next question

cannockred

No Shit Sherlock

(caveat: please take this as a joke)
Seeing as it is you 😂

Fareham Grecian

I’m puzzled.

If Caldwell is responsible now for the recent run of form, then surely he was also responsible for the catastrophic October/November/ December form.

Is anyone watching actually happy with the way we are playing ?
You didn’t go to Barnsley then? First half was one of the best displays I’ve seen from City in my 44 years of following.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Ronnie.

My name is Brian Holmes.
The head safety officer where I used to work was called Brian Holmes. Used to get whole site emails two or three times a week from him pointing out threats and dangers, weather forecasts etc... slightly over zealous, overreaching his safety jurisdiction to tell us what footwear to be wearing at home etc. make sure we stock up on tinned food. Youre not based in Dublin, are you?

cannockred

The head safety officer where I used to work was called Brian Holmes. Used to get whole site emails two or three times a week from him pointing out threats and dangers, weather forecasts etc... slightly over zealous, overreaching his safety jurisdiction to tell us what footwear to be wearing at home etc. make sure we stock up on tinned food. Youre not based in Dublin, are you?
No, spain.

I used to work with people who over exaggerated and repeated themselves ad nauseam.

You dont know any of them, do you 🤔🙂

Grecian_Matt

I think maybe 10 or 12 of us who haven't yet changed our vote from Caldwell out, should form a group. The secret vote changers. We could all change our vote at the same time to "in" which will get the already in crowd highly excited and posting excited told you so messages. Then after a while we could all change it back again.which will confuse and upset no end.😂
Yes. It's Sunday and I'm bored!!
I have left it at Caldwell out as although our form has picked up the last few games and we are now in an acceptable position in the league.
The issue is 2/3 wins for me still doesn’t counter 3/4 months of complete s**t.
If he continues getting good results then fair play to him and the board for keeping with him.

However he should of 100% been sacked in November/December.

Albumen

I have left it at Caldwell out as although our form has picked up the last few games and we are now in an acceptable position in the league.
The issue is 2/3 wins for me still doesn’t counter 3/4 months of complete s**t.
If he continues getting good results then fair play to him and the board for keeping with him.

However he should of 100% been sacked in November/December.
He’s had 11 wins altogether. Some good stuff before the 3/4 months of complete shit. Worth remembering.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s had 11 wins altogether. Some good stuff before the 3/4 months of complete shit. Worth remembering.
But it's equally always worth remembering those 3/4 months. We also had a similar spell towards the back end of last season too. Should we have another before the season's out then that's one too many for me.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feel like we are going around in circles on this thread now.

Admittedly, Caldwell was dealt a tricky hand with regards to the turnover of players last summer and injuries this season, however that 3/4 months was absolutely shocking and very few would have complained if he had been relieved of his duties. It's easy in hindsight to point the finger at the Caldwell outers and criticise, but at that point we looked absolutely doomed - I couldn't see how we were going to turn it around in all honesty.

Thankfully, results have really picked up of late and it's looking increasingly like we are going to stay up this year. On that basis, I guess the boards were right to keep him, whether that's through luck or judgement, we'll never know.

For me, I am not currently 'Caldwell out', however, I'm not a fan of his style of football and likely never will be, but that's OK - no manager is going to please every fan.

The Caldwell out icon is staying until the end of the season because the job isn't done, but I look forward to replacing it with Devon Red cider again (hopefully).

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
We need a ‘truth and reconciliation’ thread to heal the wounds of Exeweb division! 😆🔴⚪