• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion V Exeter City Match Day Thread.

Nothing new here with Devon Live yet again talking our opponents down, referring to struggling Burton. Yes, their league position is somewhat perilous, but one could argue their recent form is better than ours. I've lost count this season with Devon Live's reporting that our opponents are in poor form or on a poor run and then, unsurprisingly, get a result against us. You're only good as your next game, not the last.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing new here with Devon Live yet again talking our opponents down, referring to struggling Burton. Yes, their league position is somewhat perilous, but one could argue their recent form is better than ours. I've lost count this season with Devon Live's reporting that our opponents are in poor form or on a poor run and then, unsurprisingly, get a result against us. You're only good as your next game, not the last.
Devon Live is utter *****, but Burton are objectively in a perilous position. The fact that we keep ending different teams poor runs of form isn't the media's fault!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure we can slog out a draw today.
That's the spirit!

So, is Jevani unavailable for selection until further notice?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's the spirit!

Yes

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's the spirit!

Are the charges still in place?

PeteUni1984_7

I don't know whether it's the natural comedown after the transfer window excitement, last weekend's deflating performance or all the off-pitch stuff but Exeweb has been pretty quiet this week. A decent performance today will, of course, be a boost and get us ever closer to safety but also may not tell us much we don't know already - that we are good at counter-attacking against teams away at home but are short of ideas for breaking down teams at home.
I'm interested to know whether Mitchell can play left-back as that would give us the option of playing four at the back. Am also hoping that we can see more of McDonald as he seems to give us some much-needed experience in the middle of the pitch.
see my champan 01/02 post which has been moved to the social forum. I can well imagine GC moving to 4 at the back for the reasons stated in that post. We don't have enough centre backs of enough quality to find 3 - cutting it to 2 and having McDonald playing just in front of the back 2 enabling a 4-1-3-2 formation might be worth considering. Coincidence that we had the same thought!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a ruthless team selection. Sweeney had mare and Blackman acts like a statue for the first goal and they are dropped next game.Blackman could be carrying that injury still.Midfield looks a bit uninspiring from a creative point of view ,but depends how he sets us up.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry I should know this but does Mitchell play as left wing back in this line up?