• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion V Exeter City Match Day Thread.

CWH-NYC_

As I had absolutely zero luck with my physical presence let’s try the remote route.
3 points please but as Sturtz said on another thread, no idea at all of the team or set up.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know whether it's the natural comedown after the transfer window excitement, last weekend's deflating performance or all the off-pitch stuff but Exeweb has been pretty quiet this week. A decent performance today will, of course, be a boost and get us ever closer to safety but also may not tell us much we don't know already - that we are good at counter-attacking against teams away at home but are short of ideas for breaking down teams at home.
I'm interested to know whether Mitchell can play left-back as that would give us the option of playing four at the back. Am also hoping that we can see more of McDonald as he seems to give us some much-needed experience in the middle of the pitch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder how today's match will pan out. Not sure I'll be able to follow the match.

Jason's preview

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be driving up later. Bad news for those going by train, the line between Exeter and Taunton is blocked, possibly until 8am

fred binneys head

Really hoping for a win today seeing how I live very close to Burton (I’ll be home by 5pm). Not sure what the team will be, but hoping Burton’s recent good form and a shiite pitch won’t turn it into a battle that we come out the wrong side of.

Good luck lads, COYR.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully get a good solid win today. We are more than capable and don't wanna slip into a poor run. Ideally wanna breach the 40 point barrier this Evening

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure we can slog out a draw today. Don't know if McDonald is ready for 90 minutes but he'll boss the middle of the park and be the steady influence in front of the defence while he's on the pitch. Also agree with those who've said it's time for Stanno's next goal.

If all goes well we'll stuff them but the draw will do for me. Either way a clean sheet please chaps.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really hoping for a win today seeing how I live very close to Burton (I’ll be home by 5pm).
Do you live in the ground?

fred binneys head

Fair enough, maybe 5.15pm then, I live 6 miles from the ground.

fred binneys head

I’ve seen his dad score at that stadium (in the 4-4), hopefully Jay can notch today too 👍