• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion V Exeter City Match Day Thread.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't understand managers who tinker. It's so simple. Play your players in their strongest positions. It's not difficult

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not really surprising out results are so inconsistent when the team selection is all over the place
I do worry about that. Too many changes (personnel and positioning) too quickly. I'm not confident about Tuesday night either.

CWH-NYC_

Bizarre positional selections, alienating players and not getting the ball forward quick enough to create chances.
Think this is the main problem, never looked like breaking through.

StudentGrecian

Closer to the drop zone than playoffs in terms of points for the first time in a while. Nothing to get carried away with, but agree the tinkering does seem like GC is trying to be too cute and clever sometimes.

C j phill

Its worrying that we've dropped 6 points to a very mediocre team. I'll be interested to hear Gary Cladwell's post match interview.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do worry about that. Too many changes (personnel and positioning) too quickly. I'm not confident about Tuesday night either.
Who would be the Shrews have won their last 6 games and looking back over the decades have been a bogey side.

chunkymorrinmunter

On the crest of a slump

Its worrying that we've dropped 6 points to a very mediocre team. I'll be interested to hear Gary Cladwell's post match interview.
It had better be good,all this tinkering with the line up isnt working 😡😡😡

Exehausted

Tuesday against the Shrews is now a big game against the form side of the table. Without checking I think they have won their last 6. A big challenge!

Edit: I see Sexton Blake has confirmed what I thought.

Last edited:

haka

Very disappointing. Our record against teams currently in the bottom 6 is poor, we've dropped points against all of them I think.