• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers discussion

Grecianpasty

Our players have needed a rest and now they've had one. Yes Rovers are a much improved team, but so are we. Our away record of late has been great.

It's going to be a full crowd and a cracking game.

Praying that Stubbs will be fit.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
One question for me would be who starts up front? On the face of it Nombe is back and must be favourite but I did like the look of Phillips and perhaps giving him a half before giving hungry Sam a go would work for us? I'd have thought Hartridge is guaranteed some match time.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going to be tough and a result could be very important in our progress. Not expecting any benefit in our lay off and hope we can be better than our recent home games when we have been dire for large portions of the matches and only saved by extra time goals. Good news is we are better against decent sides and I'm sure MT will have a plan. Big battle is going to be Matt Taylor v Joey Barton on the touch line I feel.
Matt Taylor to win on a Knock Out !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joking apart, and he is of course an unpleasant specimen, but Joseph Barton has actually done a pretty good job of turning round the situation of the Gas, considering the pickle the were in when he took over.

All of our next 3 opponents are running into good form at the moment so it's going to be a tough run of games.

So are we!!!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got to go into this all guns blazing! Unlike Harrowgate, Rovers are adept at putting up the shutters and playing out games as witnessed by their protecting a 2;0 HT lead at Orient on tuesday. And no I don't think we have an advantage because we haven't played for ten days, it's playing matches that builds promotion teams, if we come out and perform like the well rested Atangana or even Kite last match then we're doomed! Hope MT gives them all a bloody hard week and sends the players out with the taste of blood in their mouths!
There is some truth that this can help. I believe they call it battle hardened. Previously after a break we've not played well or got a result.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our players have needed a rest and now they've had one. Yes Rovers are a much improved team, but so are we. Our away record of late has been great.

It's going to be a full crowd and a cracking game.

Praying that Stubbs will be fit.
I don't think that even your prayers, will see Stubbs in action this weekend !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is some truth that this can help. I believe they call it battle hardened. Previously after a break we've not played well or got a result.
Me thinks that MT should arrive in Grecian uniform and cut their manager up as pre match entertainment !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joking apart, and he is of course an unpleasant specimen, but Joseph Barton has actually done a pretty good job of turning round the situation of the Gas, considering the pickle the were in when he took over.
There's a fantastic Daniel Taylor article on Barton on The Athletic website. Plainly, lots of the things he's done have been appalling and I'm in no way condoning them – nor, incidentally, is Taylor – but the article does put a slightly different complexion on things. If anyone's vaguely interested and doesn't subscribe to The Athletic [I'd heartily recommend it], let me know and I'll happily email you a copy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a fantastic Daniel Taylor article on Barton on The Athletic website. Plainly, lots of the things he's done have been appalling and I'm in no way condoning them – nor, incidentally, is Taylor – but the article does put a slightly different complexion on things. If anyone's vaguely interested and doesn't subscribe to The Athletic [I'd heartily recommend it], let me know and I'll happily email you a copy.
Yes. His autobiography is an interesting read. An intelligent and complex man who thinks deeply about the game and his own character, but who clearly has a wire lose somewhere and who it appears should not be allowed anywhere near alcohol.