• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers discussion

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going to be tough and a result could be very important in our progress. Not expecting any benefit in our lay off and hope we can be better than our recent home games when we have been dire for large portions of the matches and only saved by extra time goals. Good news is we are better against decent sides and I'm sure MT will have a plan. Big battle is going to be Matt Taylor v Joey Barton on the touch line I feel.

Average Joe

I can see Rovers getting their own back on this one, they have hit form and our defense isn't the best over the last couple of games, can't help but think we're in for a heavy loss.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any news on Sam Stubbs shoulder injury?

arthur

Someone will need to man mark Finley. Who is up to the job? Unfortunately he didn't collect another yellow card last night....

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im upbeat about this game. The key is a quick start in much the same way when we played them previously. If we can get our noses in front and silence the crowd like we did at Bradford I believe we can win the game. Whatever their manager says the players themselves will be wary of what we can do to hurt them. I dont believe Rovers will play with freedom I believe they will play within themselves. It's important our fans on the day believe we can win and dont go there nervous or apprehensive as that tension will filter through to our lads. Taylor will im sure have been watching at Orient so will be well prepared. Does anyone know how many of those who played on Tuesday played against us earlier in the season?

grecIAN Harris

Going to be tough and a result could be very important in our progress. Not expecting any benefit in our lay off and hope we can be better than our recent home games when we have been dire for large portions of the matches and only saved by extra time goals. Good news is we are better against decent sides and I'm sure MT will have a plan. Big battle is going to be Matt Taylor v Joey Barton on the touch line I feel.
I'd question that second sentence, especially as you were one of the more vocal ones for the Harrogate game calling for certain individuals to be rested. Taylor has been bemoaning that some players are in or very near the 'red zone' with regards their physical state so they have a weeks rest and players, such as Phillips, that have been out with short term knocks have had a week extra to recover and make themselves 'selectable' again

Grecian Max

Rovers much improved since we played them…

We have 3 tough matches coming up, so a draw here wouldn’t be a disaster. Think it’ll be 2-2 or something.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Slightly off topic, if anyone finds themselves in possession of two, or more, tickets for the away end which, for whatever reason, they can no longer use, do, please, gimme a shout!

DawlishBouy

Does anyone know how many of those who played on Tuesday played against us earlier in the season?
In yesterday’s starting line-up:
Belshaw, Anderson, Finley & Collins started against us in August.
Nicholson came on as sub against us in August.

STURTZ

Got to go into this all guns blazing! Unlike Harrowgate, Rovers are adept at putting up the shutters and playing out games as witnessed by their protecting a 2;0 HT lead at Orient on tuesday. And no I don't think we have an advantage because we haven't played for ten days, it's playing matches that builds promotion teams, if we come out and perform like the well rested Atangana or even Kite last match then we're doomed! Hope MT gives them all a bloody hard week and sends the players out with the taste of blood in their mouths!

Last edited: