• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'BIG' news tomorrow

I think the thing that the residents need to wake up to is that it's probably a straight choice between having a football club next door with some student flats there OR the football club not being there at all and ending up with a sh*t load more houses / student flats next to them than is already being proposed.

I'm not saying it's right but that's the choice IMO.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You can't. The old Big Bank remains - minus the crush barriers - with the new BB build directly over the top with the foundation piles going straight through the old terracing. I would assume you'd have to demolish the whole lot and start again if you wanted space under the BB. Well, space bigger than the six foot or so headroom that exists at the top of the stand and tapers down to the front - the rake of the new stand is steeper than the old one.
That's a real pity.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's a real pity.
Part of the splendid forward planning of the Frowd era. ;)

Part of the splendid forward planning of the Frowd era. ;)
Hmmmmm

Did I read somewhere though that the groundsman's equipment (stop giggling!) would be kept under the BB?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Hmmmmm

Did I read somewhere though that the groundsman's equipment (stop giggling!) would be kept under the BB?
Quite likely, but (now you stop giggling) I think his equipment may be too big to fit. :D

ECFC4EVR

That really has to be one of the most negative and prejudiced postings I have read on here for a long time. I don't know how long is is since you last spent a night in Exeter but much of the drunken (mis)behaviour that occurs around the city is not that of students, but local people.

From 3 years sgo.....

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/community/pdfs/StreetWise_Nov08.pdf
A VERY UNINTERESTING NEWSLETTER FROM THE UNIVERSITY TRYING TO LOOK AS IF THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING. Note on the left of leaflet about their patrols on campus only but will discuss other disturbences. I only found this out recently when I called them out. They were not interested as it was on Blackall Road not campus.

It might be negative statement from Pete but very true and realistic though to be honest in the grander scheme of things the residents dont matter to the council nor university. Sad but true.

Quite likely, but (now you stop giggling) I think his equipment may be too big to fit. :D
Lucky fella :D

Pete Martin (CTID)

Question 6 on the feedback form seems to have been laid out in a strange way. You could answer yes, for example, to a), b) and c). :)
True, but would anyone with a gram of sense actually do that? Isn't the procedure just a little bit obvious?? :S

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A very good pdf of what is planned is at the bottom of the page on the OS. Took about 10 minutes to download though, lot more info than was online with the Echo.

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2378268,00.html

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
True, but would anyone with a gram of sense actually do that? Isn't the procedure just a little bit obvious?? :S
I do believe my ability at the written English language has been questioned by a former director so who knows how I may answer. ;)