• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'BIG' news tomorrow

DJH2005

Anybody know what time it closes today as I'm at home with time to kill, so could pop along?

It'd take me about 30 mins on the mobility scooter so don't fancy setting off, only to find it closes 5 minutes after I get there!

TVM

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anybody know what time it closes today as I'm at home with time to kill, so could pop along?

It'd take me about 30 mins on the mobility scooter so don't fancy setting off, only to find it closes 5 minutes after I get there!

TVM
I think it shuts at 4pm.....

Oli

From what I gather from visiting SJP yesterday....cost to build flats by developer...£25m....Cost by developer to carry out SJP improvements....£7m. Developer gets rent on flats for 35 years in order to get back the £32m outlay plus good profit. After 35 years, the flats asset reverts back to ECFC/ECC.....How does that work?
Doubt they will revert back to ECFC or EEC, the end value would be factored in. They would never be able to make any money otherwise, or I would be extremely surprised. Therefore the lease issue with the council needs to be sorted, or do we sublet the land to them? Either way ECFC won't get the flats, I doubt.

DJH2005

I think it shuts at 4pm.....
Ah rightio then. I'll stay in the warm then! Thanks Olds.

OfficialECFC

TVM
It closes at 6pm

Oldsmobile-88

It closes at 6pm
.:$..

I did not have my glasses on..sorry.

Grecian Max

Just been up, think the plans look great.

However be prepared for the residents to oppose this; and influx of 500 students to the area isn't something they're happy about.

Unless of course we already have the council onside...

DJH2005

It closes at 6pm
Ok, cool. I shall nip along then as this is coming from OffcialECFC. :D

Thanks.

Oldsmobile-88

Ok, cool. I shall nip along then as this is coming from OffcialECFC. :D

Thanks.
Sorry about the wrong info mate....Its worth a visit

scottus86

Just been up, think the plans look great.

However be prepared for the residents to oppose this; and influx of 500 students to the area isn't something they're happy about.

Unless of course we already have the council onside...
Why would the council be against something that could potentially see 2,000 people coming to Exeter 3 times a month, I'd say a lot of clubs in the championship would be able to manage that number, and the purpose of the development is so we can compete at that level.

Not only that but a city in England with two top sports teams, Exeter would begin to get a better reputation and potentially see a growth in population, which I can't imagine the council would be against either.

If they were against it, it'd seem they'd be cutting their nose off to spite their face...

The only people who'll be against it are the residents who aren't students in that area immediatley around st.james park, although I'd imagine the local shops wouldn't mind the prospect of an extra 500 students spending their money, plus the away fans every other week in their shops.