• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'BIG' news tomorrow

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
For "banter" read swearing and hand gestures!
Yep, this is why I want to move to the corner :)

It's so much better when you're right next to opposition fans - see Argyle, Aldershot, Bournemouth, Swindon, Barnet etc etc for proof of this

malcolms

Yep, we've developed M25 syndrome on here people. But I won't produce facts as the mental shock has been known to kill Exewebbers, or at least leave them a neurotic mess!
This constant need by some to play down the impact of Exeweb is truly pathetic. It is the one platform that allows the supporter to question the direction of the club as a whole and has undeniably produced change and refelection where it would otherwise not have exisited. The fact that even RW has spent much of his waking hours over the the last two days answering questions and yes, perhaps crowing a little, is testament to the fact. So let's have less of the "Exeweb doesn't mean anything" b*ll*cks. If it doesn't, stay off it and see if that has any impact on its popularity.

LOG

Greeny, can you and Partridge get a room and bore each other rather than everyone else please?

Anyway, does anyone know about access to the flats behind the BB?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This constant need by some to play down the impact of Exeweb is truly pathetic. It is the one platform that allows the supporter to question the direction of the club as a whole and has undeniably produced change and refelection where it would otherwise not have exisited. The fact that even RW has spent much of his waking hours over the the last two days answering questions and yes, perhaps crowing a little, is testament to the fact. So let's have less of the "Exeweb doesn't mean anything" b*ll*cks. If it doesn't, stay off it and see if that has any impact on its popularity.
But its not important to Exonians is it? Whereby the E&E is. The tweet by Marc Astley was for readers of the E&E, as are a number of his tweets (e.g. 450 jobs to be created by Sainsburys).

Also, Exeweb is just one platform, there are now a number of other platforms available for discussion. Also, the exhibition is as much about the local residents as any one else, we need them on board and signed up (or at least not disagreeing) to the plans. Interestingly, I've not seen much in the way of local residents views being put forward on here, but I have elsewhere.

greenawayr

Malcs, not down-playing the role of Exeweb and the club, just suggesting that perhaps not every single person who would be interested in this story, would be on Exeweb! Pretty sure you can grasp that.

Log, no idea what you're on about, just reading through the thread and commenting as I go along.

If you're suggesting my observations are boring you, then that's hard cheese old boy, I've got as much right as anyone to have an opinion on here!

geoffwp

This constant need by some to play down the impact of Exeweb is truly pathetic. It is the one platform that allows the supporter to question the direction of the club as a whole and has undeniably produced change and refelection where it would otherwise not have exisited. .
Malcolms, is this fact or supposition? If you do believe it is a fact can you not give some proven examples where this is born out? I personally have no idea one way or the other, though i would be more pessimistic than anything else simply because of the vast range of views there are on here from the totally uncritically supportive to its polar opposite.

malcolms

But its not important to Exonians is it? Whereby the E&E is. The tweet by Marc Astley was for readers of the E&E, as are a number of his tweets (e.g. 450 jobs to be created by Sainsburys).

Also, Exeweb is just one platform, there are now a number of other platforms available for discussion. Also, the exhibition is as much about the local residents as any one else, we need them on board and signed up (or at least not disagreeing) to the plans. Interestingly, I've not seen much in the way of local residents views being put forward on here, but I have elsewhere.
Are you suggesting that the majority of Exeweb users are not Exonians? I'm not. but I bet that most are.

Othjer forums? You try googling Exeter City forum and see how far you get past Exeweb...
Oh yeh, there is GNet where a group of anal retentives and pseudo intellectuals debate nothing of interest with no one of interest...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are you suggesting that the majority of Exeweb users are not Exonians?
I thought I'd said that most Exonians do not read Exeweb.

malcolms

I thought I'd said that most Exonians do not read Exeweb.
No you said "it was not important to Exonians"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No you said "it was not important to Exonians"
Oh dear. The inference was that not ALL Exonians read Exeweb.