• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle discussion and prediction

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
The game is pivotal, two weeks ago we were looking forward to a table topping clash (which we won) since then things look like dropping back, very much like last season, into the chasing pack, or worse. Got to turn things around, we know how good we can be, hope we can get back to "winning ways".

Tomorrow is massive.

Redarrow

FFS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN TOMORROW FELLAS!!!! I can’t switch off about this bloody game

StudentGrecian

Think it’ll be a tight squeeze on the bank, with people trying to avoid the the first few rows to not get drenched, followed by the latecomers from the boozers. Stewards will have a job keeping their isles clear!

PeteUSA

I’m sure it’s going to be a cracking atmosphere at SJP despite the damp forecast.
A photo of the T stand section of the Cowshed for the game against Argyle in 1984.
Two pi55 poor teams that season but I love the photo(I’m in it somewhere)View attachment 1296
Nice picture of emergency signing Richard Crabtree in goal; and he only conceeded one goal in a 1-1 draw. And for the GK purists, he was only 5'8"!

IndoMike

Nice picture of emergency signing Richard Crabtree in goal; and he only conceeded one goal in a 1-1 draw. And for the GK purists, he was only 5'8"!
I played with Rich Crabtree, Peter Balac and John Impey at Foxhayes. Both Rich and Peter were keepers on the short side, but quite acrobatic IIRC.
Let's hope Johnny Maxted does the biz today

grecIAN Harris

Despite our poor week on our travels, we'll come storming home 4-0. We haven't had a big derby win since the Conference play offs.
Can I loudly, proudly and with absolute and total smugness say...……..

……………… I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grecian2K

To be fair....a HUGE THUMBS UP to Mr Harris there!!!
(I hope even CREDY might even agree)