• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle discussion and prediction

GJW

If it is still on tomorrow I’ll go for a 1-1 bore draw, which will be an improvement on our last 2 games. Will be satisfied with a point tomorrow, unless we play an absolute blinder.

CityTillIDie

surely it won’t get called off?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
surely it won’t get called off?
Have you looked outside in the last hour or so ? Forgot you live in X . I know the pitch drains very well but lets see how much comes down overnight and tomorrow morning.

Ive just put a standard black bucket outside the back door see how much goes in from now til 7 AM

Last edited:

CityTillIDie

Have you looked outside in the last hour or so ? Forgot you live in X . I know the pitch drains very well but lets see how much comes down overnight and tomorrow morning.
It’s hardly raining and I’m round the corner from sjp, was abit rough this morning but surely there’s been a lot worse!?

GJW

It hasn’t stopped raining all day here on the North Devon coast. Exeter should be slightly better protected as it’s coming in from the SW so probably worse over Cornwall and the Moors. Forecast is continued rain all night and most of tomorrow. Fingers crossed then.

CityTillIDie

Picking up abit now, fingers crossed

Exehausted

I might be tempted to start the match 4-5-1 tomorrow. We need to tighten up at the back so I would go Sweeney, A. Martin, Parkes, Woodman. Then Williams, Taylor, Collins, Law and Sparkes with Bowman up front. I think playing Jack and Randell wide without the emphasis on defensive duties would enable them to really get at the Argyle defence. If the ball goes down the right, Jack could be told to get into the box looking to get in a shot and Randell in the box if it goes down the left. Until the last two games they have been vulnerable to crosses so I feel this would be our best chance. If it's level after an hour you could bring on Lee for Woody and revert to 3-5-1-1.Anyway that's my fantasy team selection, I don't expect Matt to agree and I think he will stick to 3-5-1-1. I'm going for a 2-1 win. Come on you Reds!

exeter-loyal

It better be on!! Else pub all day?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure what others thought but I felt the last home game against Argigle lacked some of the passion and crunch tackles usually associated with a local derby.

Pretty sure that it will be a different story tomorrow.

Biggest concern for me, apart from our own current poor goal scoring record, Joel Grant who was not shown very much love and affection while with us has now found his own goal scoring form and will no doubt be fired up and feeling he has something to prove.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m sure it’s going to be a cracking atmosphere at SJP despite the damp forecast.
A photo of the T stand section of the Cowshed for the game against Argyle in 1984.
Two pi55 poor teams that season but I love the photo(I’m in it somewhere)49D7B84B-54EB-4F5C-A70A-21EE4A751B8C.jpeg