• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aren't we all delighted?

David Treharne

We now have a manager who speaks his mind, rarely looks for excuses and has us at the top of the league. As a result this forum has been effectively emasculated and we couldn't be happier. :)
Don't think ' emasculated' is a fair comment about Exeweb, Malcolm, though in endorsing Matt Taylor you are spot on. He's the antidote to several years of having to listen to a Manager who talked about games that seldom coincided with what ordinary punters had witnessed. Matt is vociferous from the dug-out as well, as many of those in the areas around the dugouts will testify. He has a fairly basic range of vocabulary, but there is no doubting his passion and intent. Oh, and we could be happier, it's all those promising crosses into the box that are not converted into goals. Oh, and when, in your opinion, did we have a better set of options off the bench?
Glad to see you posting again!

Red red

Matt Taylor and his team are doing a great job . And I agree it is nice to hear a manager who as watched the same game as me.
Keep going MT and team

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taylor was going absolutely spare at times on the touchline. Barking out orders and snarling. I dread to think what he would have done to the post-match interviewer if they'd equalised :oops:
He does seem to be becoming more animated on the touchline as this season goes on compared to last season. I think the standard of refereeing lately might have something to do with it 😉

IndoMike

As mentioned on the match day thread I just can't get my head around the comments from some who seem to think we should win this league with a 100% record scoring 5 a game.

Matt Taylor has us on the right path and I'm sure we will get a promotion in the next season or two. I also unfortunately predict that MT will be off to pastures new within the next 2 seasons having been snapped up by a bigger club.
Get him on a rolling contract ! Ooops!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As mentioned on the match day thread I just can't get my head around the comments from some who seem to think we should win this league with a 100% record scoring 5 a game.
Not sure that anyone has been that unrealistic! However, before the match Matt Taylor said something to the effect we are a good team at the moment but not a great one yet which I would agree with. Therefore, I don't think it's unfair to celebrate and praise a hard-fought win but at the same time point out that we still need to improve in front of goal. This squad of players definitely has the potential to win promotion but that's not going to happen if we continue to have only one of 14 shots on target.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We love you Tisdale, we love you Tisdale, you make us happy, when skies are grey or red and white. 😂😂😎
I can't help noting that MK Dons have lost their 5 games while scoring 1 goal so it may not be long before our former manager gets to enjoy his nice pay-off with his mate from Ted Baker.

haka

I know. It's been two long years since we had a manager who gave us such a great start. Top of the league, those were the days. Kids, ask your grandparents how it felt. (They might have memory problems, though, many do).

So what we're really saying is ... the post-match interviews are better now. And under EFL rules, that's what decides the table.

Personally, I'd be fine with a robot who said "First half good, second half not so good", but got us to third place in May. But everyone has their priorities, I suppose.

IndoMike

I know. It's been two long years since we had a manager who gave us such a great start. Top of the league, those were the days. Kids, ask your grandparents how it felt. (They might have memory problems, though, many do).

So what we're really saying is ... the post-match interviews are better now. And under EFL rules, that's what decides the table.

Personally, I'd be fine with a robot who said "First half good, second half not so good", but got us to third place in May. But everyone has their priorities, I suppose.
You need to post this on the Concrete Roundabout to cheer them up. Seems that a lot of them want him out. Strange selections, boring football, unrealistic interviews.

We've moved on and whilst we are not perfect we're doing pretty good.

haka

I don't read the Concrete Roundabout, whatever that is. I've never had any reason to visit it.

That's because I have no interest in a League One club or an ex-manager who left more than a year ago. Why would I? I'm enjoying Exter City's success. That's enough for me.

Tisdale gave us good times and bad. The good times felt a lot like this.

Stelios

As someone pointed out in the match day thread, we're actually worse off at the moment than we were this time last season. Taylor out?