• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

Pmc grecian

I think the point being that if one wasn’t added, we’d take it tribunal

Taggy loves a sell on
Good point best ask tagging 👍

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It didn’t go to a tribunal so we don’t know if there was a sell on clause
No. But look how valuable the sell-on for Watkins has been. We're obviously going to ask for one and I'd imagine if Posh refused we would have let it go to tribunal.

Pmc grecian

Tag
taggy

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done to Archie, good move for him, hope he does well. As long as he doesn't celebrate when he scores against us, I'll still love him.

Rosencrantz

The fee is obviously under what the Tribunal would have given us otherwise they would have gone down that route surely. There must be a formula for players from the academy that is more generous than any of us know about. Hence supposedly turning down the two offers from Swansea for Josh. That's why I don't think he'll go down the A38. I can't see them splashing out that sort of money.
We will never know if it would have been more or less than a tribunal and neither will the two clubs. All we know is that it is a fee that both clubs find acceptable. If that figure was less than we wanted or more than Posh wanted to pay, it would have gone to tribunal. It could have easily worked the other way and we might be getting more than we would have at tribunal.

STURTZ

Best of luck Archie!

ExmouthMart

Consistently our best player recently and deserves a move to hopefully better things for him. Will be a big loss to our team.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best of luck Archie!
seconded and a well deserved kick up the backside for those on Social Media generally as well as here on Exeweb for the derogatory comments made about him……. BBC sport saying Posh paid a big six figure fee for him.

Exehausted

We will never know if it would have been more or less than a tribunal and neither will the two clubs. All we know is that it is a fee that both clubs find acceptable. If that figure was less than we wanted or more than Posh wanted to pay, it would have gone to tribunal. It could have easily worked the other way and we might be getting more than we would have at tribunal.
I agree, but my point is, the agreed fee must be pretty close to what both clubs think the tribunal fee would have been. Plus, we've got it ( I know the payment will be spread over several periods) now. No waiting (and worrying) about what it will be. The proverbial bird in the hand. As I said previously, the formula used must be pretty narrow. Age, time with us, games played and contract offered equals the tribunal fee. As he hasn't been with us as long, I would guess that Josh's compensation fee will be similar but slightly lower. We obviously aren't happy with what Swansea offered. It will be interesting to see if they up their offer, risk a tribunal or pull out. I think it will depend on who they sell and for how much. As a club we seem (from the outside anyway) to have become very good at not blinking first.