• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond

dommers

Is he better than any of Sweeney, Stubbs, Hartridge and Diabete. I'm guessing not so with one year left he's not likely to play much so not surprised he's looking elsewhere for a longer term contract.

Coppers

Thanks for nothing Alfie - sad that you don't see the need to repay the club that has given you so much opportunity.
At least you are headed N & not W !
UTC
Well there's only 2 teams North of the border, so celtic or rangers are trying to get him on the cheap. Cheeky bar stewards.

wiveygrecian

Well there's only 2 teams North of the border, so celtic or rangers are trying to get him on the cheap. Cheeky bar stewards.
Yea one of them is after Pond the other after Harry Lee

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agent Andy advised on the transfer thread, Rangers after Pond and Celtic Lee.

Pond is only 18 so probably not got a full professional contract, has only played twice for the first team last season so is a prospect which I would have imagined KMT was hoping to work on being a centre half, but now his head is turned, agents involved, if he is not gone this window then probably next or next year and where do we stand with u24's moving "abroad" when out of contract. God I love agents me, make shed loads of money on the backof other people's ability (no offence Andy)

Last edited:

budegrecian

This is horrendous new; been talked up in the last couple of seasons as a future captain and will be a far better CH than Cheick in time.
We would have been banking on a large fee in the future but, as others have alluded to, if he goes to a club outside of England we could well end up with nothing.

dontpassback

Obviously,pond and his agent think they can do better,that is their prerogative,so we will wait and see who is right

dommers

If he's as good as everyone says and has such potential then why hasn't he played more games. Surely if you really want to keep him then you give him some opportunities.

Bridgy 81

To be honest (and I know this is perhaps a bit naive) and I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but if he doesn’t want to play for us, I don’t want him to.
Let him go, get as much for him as possible and move on.
I can’t be doing with all of this.
Play for us if you want to, if not …………..

Red Monster

Is he better than any of Sweeney, Stubbs, Hartridge and Diabete. I'm guessing not so with one year left he's not likely to play much so not surprised he's looking elsewhere for a longer term contract.
If he's as good as everyone says and has such potential then why hasn't he played more games. Surely if you really want to keep him then you give him some opportunities.
Come off it he‘s only just turned 18 ,the club had him out on
loan playing mens football.
Are you saying he should have been playing L2 football as a central defender
at 17 yrs old ,point me out how many other clubs were doing that?

Agent Andy

It works both ways , our valuation of pond might be totally unreasonable, I know weve turned down offers for pond , Lee and cox . Why we think we should get millions for these players I don’t know . Basically we don’t want to get a reputation for standing in there way. Look at Stanno 100,000 and it’s accepted now thats peanuts and the offer for pond is more than that .