• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a formula in place for compensation in Scotland , training compensation , but it’s nowhere near what we would get in England and it dosnt even go to tribunal, if this is the way young players are going to go then we are stuffed I’m afraid, I would think Matt Taylor is a bit ****** off by this to be honest
Thanks AA , so what do you reckon we would get roughly then ?

Agent Andy

I guess it depends on whether a young player thinks getting game time and
KMT has made that judgement and has decided he’s not ready.
or has he pulled him because of something else , judging by what I saw I think he held his own ,

Agent Andy

May be 120 grand at the most for pond I reckon

DawlishBouy

There is a formula in place for compensation in Scotland , training compensation , but it’s nowhere near what we would get in England and it dosnt even go to tribunal, if this is the way young players are going to go then we are stuffed I’m afraid, I would think Matt Taylor is a bit ****** off by this to be honest
The Scottish "formula" would apply only to transfers between Scottish clubs. A move from England to Scotland will come under UEFA/FIFA laws. If Pond went to Rangers at the end of his contract I’m guessing the compo would be a little under £200k.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I think you are right that MT is definitely not happy about all this. That wasn’t a question that the media team would have asked on their own accord in the post game interview yesterday so clearly MT wanted to get the Pond situation out into the public domain.

I think MT is big on respect and doing things the right way and in his opinion he does not feel this situation has played out in the right way.

Banksy

May be 120 grand at the most for pond I reckon
Thanks!

DJG.ECFC

Get rid asap if he doesn’t want to be here. Our pathway for youth to succeed is proven, think the kids gunna regret this in a few years.

IndoMike

For my sins I worked at an oil company for many years. Fresh graduate geologists and engineers were given a years training and probation. Part of the deal was that they were tied to the company for around 5 years and had to pay compensation of they wanted to leave. I'm not sure if that would work in football but it seems that currently the one party that is absolved of any responsibility is the player himself.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
But he is registered with the English FA so surely if Rangers want to sign him they would have to adhere to whatever regulations apply here? Otherwise any FA could set up a scheme with minimal compensation and sign players from anywhere for next to nothing.

Last edited:

Agent Andy

No they don’t I’m afraid , they are classed as going abroad 😓