• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam's funeral

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Hayden had the same flower football on his coffin, his coffin was also white. The two combined hit me a little for six. That being said, I managed to hold it together pretty much until 'My Hero' played, as that too applied to Hayden for me personally. Two heroes, one personal and one professional. I was so pleased to introduce them to each other and will cherish the one photo of them that I have

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was there outside and it was a very moving day today.
The Westcountry news coverage tonight was very good but the most upsetting
Thank you to everyone who helped to comfort me - Nursey and shabba in particular
Thank you to Adams family for letting us fans be involved today
Thank you to the people involved with organising it
RIP Adam
Greg, I'm not sure which broke my heart more, seeing the coffin or seeing you so upset. It was nothing, being there to comfort you, as I did for others and they did for me too.

We have a special club in Exeter City with extended family, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

whiff

Thanks to everyone for their reports, links and photos. Once again it is really appreciated by those of us who couldn't be there. Egg's photos do a great job of summing up the mood of the day.
Chris

Dubai Grecian

Report of funeral from evening edition of Spotlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1jZYnfKcD4
That brings it home, really brings it home, we've lost a big part of the City family, god bless you Adam.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for sharing that, David J. Sounds like a tough time, mate.

Red faced

Thanks to you guys that have posted links etc on here. Absolutely choked me up. Never thought I would be so affected by the loss of someone unrelated, and still can't quite believe it when I see highlights of his goals.

Rest in Peace Adam, you truly are an inspiration to so many of us.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
rip stanno, I am having test 4 bowl cancer
My best wishes to you m'lad.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Photos on the front page and 2 & 3 of todays Express & Echo

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
...god that choked me up watching those clips.

As I father of two young boys, just seeing the hearse go past with the flowers spelling out "DADDY" makes me well up...just cannot imagine it. Like someone else said on here, the pain we feel as fans is nothing in comparison to what they family must be going through right now.