• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam's funeral

I was working in Plymouth today but made the journey back to help line the streets and stand outside the cathedral, I couldn't not pay my respects to Stanno for all the pleasure he has given over the last 4 years. As previously said it really hit home when I saw Stanno's coffin with the football on it, we have been robbed of a great team player, but when I saw the "Daddy" flowers I know we have lost little in comparison to his family. I had a very sobering drive back to Plymouth and am thankful for all I have. Stanno will live long in our hearts and minds God Bless Stanno, Exeters number 9. R.I.P.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
And that one gets you even harder. A very sad, sad day.
Jesus................just watched it.............the flowers in the shape of "DADDY".

So gutting.

Exehausted

Having been lucky enough to get into the service ( I arrived at 1pm) there was plenty of time to take in what a magnificent building the Catherdal is, it must be 20 years since I have been in there and I had forgotten how immpresive it is. What a fitting place it was to say goodbye to such a magnificent man.

budegrecian

Jesus................just watched it.............the flowers in the shape of "DADDY".
So gutting.
That's what got to me most too. Probably got most other fathers in the crowd as well.
Sad as it was, I was glad I managed to get there today. The fantastic turn out from fans, players & managers says all that needs to be said about the regard Stanno was held in by everyone.
Gone but never forgotten.

toast

rip stanno, I am having test 4 bowl cancer

PINHOE RED

Well done to all who attended today, you did Adam, his family, the club & those of us who couldn't go.

Up The City!!!

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was there outside and it was a very moving day today.
The Westcountry news coverage tonight was very good but the most upsetting
Thank you to everyone who helped to comfort me - Nursey and shabba in particular
Thank you to Adams family for letting us fans be involved today
Thank you to the people involved with organising it
RIP Adam

chrisnaan

So gutting.
That's what got to me most too. Probably got most other fathers in the crowd as well.
Sad as it was, I was glad I managed to get there today. The fantastic turn out from fans, players & managers says all that needs to be said about the regard Stanno was held in by everyone.
Gone but never forgotten.
Me too! Especially as i also have three children too. I can't even begin to imagine what his kids are going through.

newburygrecian

Thanks for all the reports and links everyone. A very sad day for everyone involved and I was struggling not to cry watching the footage.

RIP Adam

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thank you to everyone who helped to comfort me - Nursey and shabba in particular
Thank you to Adams family for letting us fans be involved today
Thank you to the people involved with organising it
RIP Adam
And thank-you for being there Greg, on behalf of all of those - like me - who couldn't be. [y]