• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new Exeweb

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like B/I/U is now working.
Dear Hants and all Mods,

When we post a new thread we can't edit the thread title if we need to (punctuation, spelling mistakes etc)
Is it possible for us to have the facility to do that? As you know, only Mods can edit a thread title, but it's the poster who needs to edit.
Appealing to your sense of common sense.

Lots of love
Indo

iscalad

Dear Hants and all Mods,

When we post a new thread we can't edit the thread title if we need to (punctuation, spelling mistakes etc)
Is it possible for us to have the facility to do that? As you know, only Mods can edit a thread title, but it's the poster who needs to edit.

Lots of love
Indo

I would think that carnage would ensue if the great unwashed were able to edit thread titles.

IndoMike

I would think that carnage would ensue if the great unwashed were able to edit thread titles.
But I'm talking about editing the thread that we started ourselves. Since the editing function is short-lived, if we don't notice our mistake within a few minutes then we can't edit it anyway, so I doubt there would be much carnage. I await Hants' comment if he's not busy traveling the world.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I'm away at the moment. Does Dartmoor count as the 'world'?

Crap 4g and flakey wi-fi!

IndoMike

For me, it does.
OK. Have fun.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've removed "Staff members online" widget from Forums. I thought it would be abused and so it has. :(

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dear Hants and all Mods,

Lots of love
Indo

Yeah, I'd like to see this too especially when the MDT title is farcically screwed up.

IndoMike

As a matter of interest, where did you go on Dartmoor?

CityTillIDie

Just realised we can ‘react’ now, not just thumbs up! Very fancy haha

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As a matter of interest, where did you go on Dartmoor?
Staying at Postbridge, so Bellever, Tavistock (Panniers Market), Dartmeet, Haytor, Lustleigh. South Devon Railway and the scenic route back to Postbridge. Very damp today, so the photographs were a challenge - anyone want to see some interesting Dartmoor landscapes with some out of focus rain drops in the foreground?

Last edited: