• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

‘Her Game Too’ Exeter City v Newport County Matchday Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what did you make of Day getting done by Jay's backpass today or the Satanage keeper slapping Jay's heading in on his near post last week? Both surely up there (and above) with either of Dawson's mistakes today. Or that one Vigeroux dropped in last season when we stuffed Orient at home (now that really was a Grade A clanger)?
You're forgetting Mark Howard dropping a dolly for Scunthorpe last season as well for MJ to prod in 😉

Alistair20000

It was a bit further out if anything. I have to say that if that's up there as the worse you have seen for a long time from a City keeper, it shows that we have actually had some decent stoppers between the sticks. He will be disappointed he didn't keep it out, but it wasn't a 24 carat howler that we have seen from a few opposition keepers in the last few years.
Agreed. Seen plenty worse. Was it Artur who let one go through him at the Memorial Ground a number of years back ? That was a shocker.

dontpassback

Don’t forget Paul Jones kicking it against zebroski in the first leg of the play offs

grecIAN Harris

Or Ricey completely losing the flight of the ball on his near post against Northwich (iirc)?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps someone could sponsor a cap for Dawson. He must have felt awful when he saw the Newport goalie could afford one.

CraigECFC

Perhaps someone could sponsor a cap for Dawson. He must have felt awful when he saw the Newport goalie could afford one.
hopefully we get a trust vote on whether or not it’s a solid investment…

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kevin Miller is by far the most reliable goalkeeper of my time watching City. It just came naturally to him.

fred binneys head

Maybe I’m more easily pleased than most of you, or maybe it’s that I haven’t seen a home game for ages, but I really enjoyed that game, thought we played pretty well and deserved to win. Yes we were a bit ponderous (Collins particularly seemed off the pace at times) and yes Dawson could have done better with the 2nd Newport goal, but I thought we battled hard, showed some lovely touches and played some good football. Sweenz did OK for me, a couple of misplaced passes but otherwise his distribution was decent. If Josh Key had played MJ in properly when they broke after he picked the pocket of the Newport defender then we’d be toasting a win and a fine performance.

Don’t forget Paul Jones kicking it against zebroski in the first leg of the play offs

Paul Jones? It took me two minutes to forget Paul Jones! Who’s Paul Jones? Thought I was rid of him,then Jonah turned up at Crawley!!! Where is he now?

Spoonz Red E

Paul Jones? It took me two minutes to forget Paul Jones! Who’s Paul Jones? ...
"He signed a new three-year deal with the club in January 2008, Exeter managed to win the final at Wembley, with Paul keeping a clean sheet. In the 2008–09 season he played in all 46 League matches for Exeter City, winning the 2008–09 player of the season award for Exeter City after many stunning performances in goal throughout the season."

i.e. instrumental in both our promotions and player of the season when we got the second.