• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only if the action is down the away end.
better get Jack Sparkes and others trying to copy Peter Hatch and lee Holmes in curling in a corner from that end....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are there 100 companies willing to spend £1,000 on flashing their brand across a digital screen to 3,000 to 4,000 City fans? That's not a snarky comment, I'm genuinely interested to see if people think that's the case.
What if we record it as an asset and to depreciate over 5 years? How does that improve the numbers?

Trapdoor

can we hook up a playstation to it and play Fifa during half time?

If we are losing at half time we could then offer a do-over based on the game...

Boyo

Same 10 companies for every match. You don't need anywhere near 100 companies
Mmm. You're talking £10k - £20k per company. For comparison, you could run a series of TV ads on Westcountry TV which would hit tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of people for the same cost.

iscalad

Mmm. You're talking £10k - £20k per company. For comparison, you could run a series of TV ads on Westcountry TV which would hit tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of people for the same cost.
Yes, but there will be somewhere in between. 20 companies will do.
Do hundred of thousands of people watch Westcountry????

Grecian Max

I'm a bit torn on this.

Probably not the most sensible use of money, but then again this club has been about scraping cash together for almost 20 years now so in a weird way quite fun to see something cool at the Park. No doubt the media team will have a great time with it and having their work seen by a wider audience.

Also VAR is not out of the realms of possibility at our level in the next decade, particularly with AI starting to take up the decision making (so not a large amount of officials required) so we might actually need it as a necessity.

TSW1389

Its a difficult one but I think in the Long run it will be a good investment and increase the match day experience for the more casual fan. If it can be used for broadcasting the pre-match videos from YouTube (interviews with MT and players) show highlights aswell. The selling of ad space will always help pay for it and over the years it may even pay for its self out of this revenue.
From going to chiefs every now and then it does help with the pre match and half time atmosphere.

Oldsmobile-88

I’m gonna miss the old Scoreboard..Something very Exeter City about it 😁

WXF

Even the club is not pretending the score board will make it money, yet some are still entertaining the possibility of it doing so. Seems a classic case of confusing what we prob should hear with what we want to hear.

Boyo

Yes, but there will be somewhere in between. 20 companies will do.
Do hundred of thousands of people watch Westcountry????
The costs for advertising on Westcounty TV are here: https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/advertising-on-itv/airtime I'm surprised at how cheap it actually is. £650 for a 30 second ad at prime-time.

I hope you're right and we have lots of new companies lined up, but from a pure business perspective, I can see the challenges/competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.