• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Demi will get a much better contract offer elsewhere, not sure where this idea that he wouldn’t cost much has come from 😂
Exactly this. This reeks of the Stansfield potentially re-signing situation, I refuse to get my hopes up this time - he will get a better offer, no doubt about it.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Demi will get a much better contract offer elsewhere, not sure where this idea that he wouldn’t cost much has come from 😂
Wouldn't be so sure. It'll put a lot of clubs off offering a big long contract. He might get a better offer elsewhere, but could be insufficiently better to move if he's enjoying his time here. E.g. maybe he could have multiplied his wages by 3 and got a four-year deal pre-injury and now he can get 20% extra and a two year deal at a slightly bigger league one club. I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays though and I don't think that was likely when he was flying earlier in the season.

Red Monster

I really think we should go for Cam Dawson. Still likes the club, it'll be a free, MF to work his magic to convince him to take a lower wage than he is on currently on a 3 year deal. Easy! He can live in a nice place in the world and we have a solid goalkeeper for 3 years.
Dawson will go to Bristol Rovers I should think.🤔

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson will go to Bristol Rovers I should think.🤔
Whilst Rovers have got much bigger pockets than us I still cant see them affording Dawson. Can see him moving to a team in the area like Barnsley or Huddersfield

Ash

There’s very little chance that someone would give up a year of a Championship contract (and why would they?).
If his time with us between now and the end of the season goes well the only way it’d work financially for him to be here further is something along the lines of Hull paying him part of his remaining wages to leave and us making up the difference.
Possible, but unlikely I would have thought.
Maybe another loan deal would work for all parties?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see GC is talking about contract extensions. These are critical in my opinion, perhaps even more critical than the Summer window, as if we can tie a lot of them down we won't need to replace them.
First priorities: Cheick and Demi

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see GC is talking about contract extensions. These are critical in my opinion, perhaps even more critical than the Summer window, as if we can tie a lot of them down we won't need to replace them.
First priorities: Cheick and Demi
Agreed and pleasing to hear he was hopeful of announcing some contract extensions soon.

I’d definitely add Sonny Cox to the first priorities list too. He’s come on leaps and bounds and will be a huge asset if we can tie him down long term.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of players out of contract, priorities have to be Cox, Diabate and Mitchell.

I have no idea where Lee is with regards to his development so can't really comment.

Hartridge would be worth a new deal as when he's good he's great, can see him going though.

Kite is clearly off regardless.

Gary Woods, Kyle Taylor, Tom Carroll, Caleb Watts and Yanic Wildshutt I'd allow to leave.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly this. This reeks of the Stansfield potentially re-signing situation, I refuse to get my hopes up this time - he will get a better offer, no doubt about it.
What was the Stansfield re-signing situation?🤪

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was the Stansfield re-signing situation?🤪
Am I going to get whooshed here?

It wasn't a situation, there was a lot of rumours we'd agreed to take him if Championship clubs didn't. This was obviously never going to happen but there was always a bit of hope.