• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Demi will get a much better contract offer elsewhere, not sure where this idea that he wouldn’t cost much has come from 😂

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would have thought Borges would get his big chance next season..
Like a number of others I had high hopes for Pedro and I still think he will come good. However, this has little to do with whether Demi signs on again as they play in totally different positions

STURTZ

Demi will get a much better contract offer elsewhere, not sure where this idea that he wouldn’t cost much has come from 😂
Just don't think anyone's going to break the bank for a player that is not necessarily going to be fit. He hasn't actually progressed much in the last 12 months, which is no fault of his. In fact you could say he's gone backwards career wise.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Like a number of others I had high hopes for Pedro and I still think he will come good. However, this has little to do with whether Demi signs on again as they play in totally different positions
My post was unrelated to the Demi question, it was just another name to add to the list of possible players for next year

Grecianpasty

Would be nice to have a goalkeeper who wasn't on loan for once. Someone with huge potential that could be here for the long term. If only we could just pluck someone from our youth system...

ryancooper327

Would be nice to have a goalkeeper who wasn't on loan for once. Someone with huge potential that could be here for the long term. If only we could just pluck someone from our youth system...
I really think we should go for Cam Dawson. Still likes the club, it'll be a free, MF to work his magic to convince him to take a lower wage than he is on currently on a 3 year deal. Easy! He can live in a nice place in the world and we have a solid goalkeeper for 3 years.

Grecianpasty

I really think we should go for Cam Dawson. Still likes the club, it'll be a free, MF to work his magic to convince him to take a lower wage than he is on currently on a 3 year deal. Easy! He can live in a nice place in the world and we have a solid goalkeeper for 3 years.
Would love Dawson, but fear he would be a luxury buy. I believe he's on 10k a week at Wednesday. Even if he were to take half of that, I don't see us offering that amount to anyone.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If said keeper showed his huge potential he'd be gone in January when the first good offer came in and we'd be left having to get someone in on loan!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the fact Demi has had the ACL injury could work in our favour of being able to sign him again. Although, I do agree he's most likely to sign elsewhere, it's a gamble for any club until he's proved his fitness.

Had he not got injured he'd be gone straight away when the contract ended, but with him not returning to play until next season he may not have the number of offers a player of his calibre would ordinarily be offered.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster