• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2021

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Zandvoort lit up in orange for what looks an intriguing Dutch GP.

Rosencrantz

Verstappen always in control as he had been all weekend really, but Hamilton kept him honest without ever looking like he could get close enough. Most of the action came from Perez coming through the field in a quicker car.

It will be interesting to see if the new regs make this track in particular a bit kinder for close racing next year. Or whether having a years data to analyse will make it more processional.

Antony Moxey

Not a great race I thought. Despite Perez it was all pretty processional with little excitement. Even the banked turn three turned into just another corner in the end. Perhaps having a track that resembled a go kart track didn’t help, but at least for once we didn’t have Horner and Verstappen whining about yet another perceived sleight against them.

it’d be no loss if they didn’t return for another 30 years.

Rosencrantz

Not a great race I thought. Despite Perez it was all pretty processional with little excitement. Even the banked turn three turned into just another corner in the end. Perhaps having a track that resembled a go kart track didn’t help, but at least for once we didn’t have Horner and Verstappen whining about yet another perceived sleight against them.

it’d be no loss if they didn’t return for another 30 years.
As long as Verstappen is driving at the sharp end they will be at Zandvoort. Bit like they bored us with the Valencia harbour circuit when Alonso was doing well.

Rosencrantz

Valtteri Bottas confirmed at Alfa Romeo to replace the retiring Kimi. Leaves a free Mercedes seat, I wonder who is filling that 🤔😉

Next season could be interesting.

Red Devon

Antony Moxey

Wonder how happy he’ll be playing second fiddle to Hamilton? Bottas did it pretty well, although to be fair he was never brought in as anything else and doesn’t have the talent or temperament to be anything else but Russell is young, ambitious, and as we saw last year when he had a one race shot, talented too.

Makes you wonder how much longer Hamilton thinks he has too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go off and do something else if he gets an eighth title this year - I can’t see him sticking round as an also ran in the way Vettel and Raikkonen, and to an extent Alonso, have.

Rosencrantz

F1 musical chairs possibly stops with Alex Albon taking the vacated seat at Williams. Pleased that Alex has another go in maybe a more sympathetic environment if not as competitive a car.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've been out all day. What happened on the first corner?

Rosencrantz

I've been out all day. What happened on the first corner?
Lap one, turn four, Lewis was alongside but on the outside of the chicane and Max took the line and gave Lewis the choice of crash or bail across the kerbs, Lewis bailed to stay in the race. Turn one after Lewis's pit stop reverse the above but Max chose to risk the crash by going over the sausage kerb and took them both out. It will probably go down as a racing incident because Lewis left a bit of space for Max to argue over although it was never going to work unless Lewis bailed out and why should he being ahead. But Max had the choice to bail and avoid the possibility, or more like probability, of a crash and chose not to. Max is a great driver and exciting to watch because he does challenge that "line" between hard racing and risky moves. But his "won't back down" attitude will bite someone sometime. The roll hoop and halo saved Lewis from serious injury or worse today.

On a happier note Danny Ric with a deserved win which he would probably have won anyway having beaten Max off the start, and Lando to make it a McLaren 1-2 with a brave move around the Curve Grande on Leclerc on the restart after the safety car was great. More points for George as well. Good drive by Bottas through the field for third.

Last edited: