• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2021

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some qualifying session at Spa today...thankfully Lando has been passed fit to start tomorrow’s race after a nasty looking shunt at Eau Rouge that red flagged the session for over half an hour, I wonder what Toto Wolff had to say about George Russell in a Williams out qualifying both Mercedes drivers :) Special mention for Vettel for stopping to see if Lando was alright after his crash(y)

Antony Moxey

Thought that was class from Vettel.

Red Devon

Yes it was...a couple of uncomfortable minutes viewing though.

Rosencrantz

Once Seb stops racing he should be a shoe in for Race Director.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Blimey, everyone seems to have forgotten the road rage in Azerbaijan during this little Seb love in.

Yes, it was a great that he stopped to check on Lando, but it was hardly Senna at Comas' accident.

Rosencrantz

Blimey, everyone seems to have forgotten the road rage in Azerbaijan during this little Seb love in.

Yes, it was a great that he stopped to check on Lando, but it was hardly Senna at Comas' accident.
I think Seb has matured since a bit since then and I have never been a particular fan of his. He still has his "wasn't my fault" moments as all drivers tend to. My comment wasn't really about him stopping and checking Lando was ok but his general feeling for what is right for the drivers and not being afraid to call it. In this case calling for the red flag before Lando's crash happened. Whilst other drivers were calling in the aquaplaning, Seb called had the guts to call it as it was, too dangerous and red flag. Danny Ric said as much after quali, that drivers don't want to be that guy who says it's too dangerous first.

Antony Moxey

You say that but it’s only because you know the outcome. I watched both as they happened and couldn‘t tell you the condition of the driver in the immediate aftermath of either crash. As for his road rage, wasn’t that getting on for two years (or more) ago now? People are allowed to change aren’t they (unless you’re Christian Horner, then you’ll alway be a ****).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Perez won't be starting the race having pranged his car. Will it stop raining? Unable to watch due work sadly.

Red Devon

Can’t see the race finishing unless it unexpectedly stops raining

Antony Moxey

Verstappen proving once again what a clueless **** he is. Par for the course for him and his hateful team, wouldn‘t surprise me if Horner wants the result declared on qualifying results now.