• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
his kicking was inconsistent like normal, mostly okay but three or four completely flat

I think them 'completely flat' ones is why he's playing for us!

Legohead

Banned
Didn't think Seymour looked tired.He tried to get into the game as much as possible and put the effort in.Was positioned more on the right side of the penalty box when he would have had more chance if was in the middle.
Same here. I thought Seymour did ok. Often coming wide into the channels to show for the ball and lay it off. Leaving big useless hefferlump Fisher up there in the middle to smoke a cigar and read the paper. I just thought that we had zero creativity all round and this didn't help Seymour, but at least he put in the effort. Unlike some.

PeteUSA

I didn't quite know what happened with their second goal today though as the ball looked to go straight past him and onto the onrushing Crawley striker to finish when it looked like he could have comfortably claimed it. Unsure if there was some communication mix up.
I didnt see the match, I'm just not getting up at 5.30 for it! Looking forward to the highlights though, sounds like he had a touch of the Maxteds when that player was through on him!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didnt see the match, I'm just not getting up at 5.30 for it! Looking forward to the highlights though, sounds like he had a touch of the Maxteds when that player was through on him!
Nope. Just a great ball that the striker got to before him. I think the defenders in front of him should have done better at cutting it out though.

Reactions: Ash

arthur

his kicking was inconsistent like normal, mostly okay but three or four completely flat
McArdle didn't seem to get the memo that you should not pass back to his right foot

Red Devon

Sparkes isn’t a wingback he doesn’t have the pace or power to bomb up and back the wing all match...today the game was almost reduced to walking pace every time he tried to break forwards.

geoffwp

Oh FFS CITY! Jeeeesus wept. I should know better I guess after all the bleddy years of supporting. Nothing changes. I will NOT allow it to spoil what was a damn good weekend until I looked to see. 😡🤬🤬😡

Ash

The way Matt talks sometimes he makes it sound like our players are so fragile. In his heyday the pitches were often much worse than they are now and the fitness regimes/diet were less scientific, but I don't remember rotations happening so much.
Not sure the pitches, fitness regimes and diet were all that different, he played his first league game 14 years ago and his last just 5 years ago. Not exactly another era!

Smithyno6

So annoyed at that. Fisher was horrendous and should of came off at half time with a change of shape and players. Hartridge is very long ball. Parkes shouldn’t of dived in. Caprice shouldn’t of hand his hand on him to get past him after he fell over (wasn’t a pen IMO). Very, very flat and boring game. Got what we deserved.

I don’t see the point of Fisher whatsoever...may as well of played an extra midfielder today-perhaps start bedding in Kite? . If Seymour was tired surely that waste of space Ajose should of been involved, what an absolute joke he’s sat at home with his feet up picking up most probably the biggest salary at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.