• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale

ronniej

We had ten years of hoofing the ball up to Flack, it was sh*t.
It was worse than that.

greenawayr

Do I ever wonder why everyone else disagrees with me? Am I often wrong?

No, the majority on here are muppets.

Come on then big guy, what is ridiculous about the post. I'm all ears. ;)
I believe the club has been promoted 6 times in it's entire history (might be wrong), Tisdale is responsible for 1/3 of these promotions.

I'm not sure about you but when you produce 1/3 of the clubs finest achievements spanning more than 100 years, and you achieve that success in 4 years, I think it warrants a little bit of respect from those who claim to be "fans" of the football club.

Out of interest GJ, when did you start watching City?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
City's record in 2004/5 was:
played 42 won 20 drawn 11 lost 11 goal diff 21 points 71 - finished 6th, 1 point off the play-offs

City's record in 2005/6 was:
played 42 won 18 drawn 9 lost 15 goal diff 17 points 63 - finished 7th, 11 points off the play-offs

What evidence do you have that Inglethorpe had just started getting it right, & that it was all looking good?

The evidence indicates that, on the contrary, Inglethorpe was not getting it right, & that things were getting worse.

More than that, you can't play down Tisdale's achievements - play-off, play-off+promotion, automatic promotion - by comparison of results achieved.
As people keep telling me, stats don't show everything.

Inglethorpe was building a bloody good team, he was just getting the players in that he wanted.

He set it all up perfectly for Tis to just stroll in and take over. Although tis wasn't good enough to do this first time round.

And I can play down Tis' achievements because League 2 was terrible when we were in it. We finished 2nd without playing well at all. Had Bournemouth, Rotherham and Darlington (Not so sure about Luton) not got dudeucted points I doubt we would have finished 2nd.

LammieLammieLammie

I believe the club has been promoted 6 times in it's entire history (might be wrong), Tisdale is responsible for 1/3 of these promotions.
I think it's only 5 mate...

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Ok, when have we played football you enjoy Jay?

FYI, I liked Tis the first time I saw his style, a pre-season game at home against Yeading.

I've seen nothing since to remotely make me waver.
I agree with this, my first ever post on exeweb was praising Tisdale's footballing style at a time when he was getting really hammered. First time I saw a Tisdale City team knocking the ball about I had my heart in my mouth until I realised that the players were actually capable of passing and skill, something they hadn't been doing and I assumed Inglethorpe discouraged it because the players weren't up to it. I've been a Tisdale fan ever since

Grecian_Jay

I'm not sure about you but when you produce 1/3 of the clubs finest achievements spanning more than 100 years, and you achieve that success in 4 years, I think it warrants a little bit of respect from those who claim to be "fans" of the football club.

Out of interest GJ, when did you start watching City?
One of them was at a level lower than we had ever been at so you can't count that in your statement.

And as I previously mentioned, the second was down to being in a sh*te league with points deductions everywhere.

And 1996. Not that it changes my argument.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster

hmmmmm I think G_J is just trolling now.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
well it was certainly better than the preceding four years of fox/blake/cornforth/peters... (well actually i guess peters might not have been a terrible guy but it was certainly a terrible time.)
It sure was mate, but you're bang on about Peters, he knew how to pick up points and quick, and very nearly pulled off the great escape. Not sure the club will be as well managed now though had we stayed up, that's the irony

Jim Shepherd

Inglethorpe was building a bloody good team, he was just getting the players in that he wanted.

He set it all up perfectly for Tis to just stroll in and take over. Although tis wasn't good enough to do this first time round.
No he didn't. He left before getting in the players that he had lined up. 4 weeks later, we're in the last week of June and Tis has to go and prepare a side in 6 weeks for the season.

To get in the POs was a good achievement.

angelic upstart

I can play down Tis' achievements because League 2 was terrible when we were in it. We finished 2nd without playing well at all.
We've been in that divison for more than 80 years of our existence. Why haven't we been promoted more often?